• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Mike Francesa Fan Club |OT3|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlbeego

Yankees Jesus ‏@YankeesJesus

Thou shall cut down on the RISP fails if thou want to win thy World Series.

Yankee Jesus has spoken.

rekameohs

Banned
they score mostly via the homerun. their record with RISP is well recorded and atrocious.

When Robinson Cano has played 159 games and has 88 RBIs in a lineup that good, you know something's going on.

EDIT: I know, "RBIs lololololol" but still. That's a hell of a lineup to be in the middle of the order for.

Toth

At this point the RISP woes have become a joke in and of themselves. To the point where you KNOW they are going to screw up.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I speak from experience: having a team that is always contending for the playoffs, but failing spectacularly once they get there is so much better than being a non-contender. You have it good, Yankees fans.

Frontrunner mentality. Once things look dim, bail out.

you would know. I honestly thought you had died during parts of this season.

Boo hoo. "My team only makes it to the playoffs every year. We only last won it in 2009. Having a winning team every year is just horrible!" :-(

if we cheer too much we're annoying, if we don't we're pessimistic, whatever. we're fans, you'd all do the same shit.

rando14

if we cheer too much we're annoying, if we don't we're pessimistic, whatever. we're fans, you'd all do the same shit.

Hah if my team made the playoffs I'd probably be a bit more grateful considering it's been over a decade since we've even sniffed October.

All I'm saying is the chicken little stuff is kind of annoying considering how good you all have it. Having a team that's consistently good and a true contender virtually every year is nice.

It's hard juggling posting in the NFL/NBA/Olympic/Gaming threads and moving shit.

Jets suck, Knicks suck. I'd still take watching the Mets every day over them.

Hah if my team made the playoffs I'd probably be a bit more grateful considering it's been over a decade since we've even sniffed October.

All I'm saying is the chicken little stuff is kind of annoying considering how good you all have it. Having a team that's consistently good and a true contender virtually every year is nice.

there is no chicken little anything going on here. fans react negatively when their team doesn't perform how they want them to.

rando14

there is no chicken little anything going on here. fans react negatively when their team doesn't perform how they want them to.

It must be nice to have expectations every year for 100+ wins. It must be nice to know you have nearly $200 million every year to spend on the best players. It must be nice to be a serious playoff threat every year.

It must be nice to have expectations every year for 100+ wins. It must be nice to know you have nearly $200 million every year to spend on the best players. It must be nice to be a serious playoff threat every year.

got it. we should keep our mouths shut and never say anything negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom