• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doytch

RR Cool Jay pitched like a man, but goddamn the Jays got lucky/made the most of their opps.

Romero: 8.2IP 3H, 2BB, 5K, 1R
Lester: 8IP, 3H, 2BB, 6K, 3R

Jays are a bit of an enigma right now. Their hitting isn't lighting the scoreboard but they're clutch which counts for something. When the bats get going things should get really exciting. Would have loved the sweep but 2 out of 3 isn't something to complain about. Especially against the Red Sox.

jman2050

Jays are a bit of an enigma right now. Their hitting isn't lighting the scoreboard but they're clutch which counts for something. When the bats get going things should get really exciting. Would have loved the sweep but 2 out of 3 isn't something to complain about. Especially against the Red Sox.

Something something Small Sample Size something something.

But nah, the Jays should be a very good team this year, even if they ultimately don't hang with the big three.

Blearth

Banned
Justin Verlander has the dirtiest stuff in the MLB. So nasty
I disagree.

baseballstrasburgpitch.gif

Doytch

All I want is fun, entertaining baseball from the Jays. I don't think they're there yet, that'll be 2013+, but we're looking good on the entertainment front so far, even though entertainment/game doesn't stabilise until after 90 games.

e: I really hate that the Natinals/Orioles have Raleigh as part of their territory. MASN isn't carried here, and so I miss some Jays/Strasburg games.

turnbuckle

The two offspeed pitches he threw to Davis in the first today were just unfair.

I'm watching the Nats game while listening to the Tigers game. That's because of MLB's shitty blackout rules, but I'm not complaining too much today. Strasburg is fun as hell to watch.

turnbuckle

I havn't really watched Strasburg pitch yet =( I wanted to watch him today, but the Tigers come first. And I am completely and utterly bias.

Man, you're missing out. I love my Tigers and I'd take Verlander over Strasburg right now, but Stras has a certain nastiness that almost brings a tear to my eye. Verlander's fucking amazing too and has been nearly perfect so far this year.

turnbuckle

With the way JV pitches, if he doesn't get a no hitter it's disappointing.

I'll be disappointed if he doesn't put up a perfect game in his career. He's shown much better command of his pitches the last year+ and seems to control his emotions a bit more now too. He looks less pissed and more is more focused and determined.

I'll be disappointed if he doesn't put up a perfect game in his career. He's shown much better command of his pitches the last year+ and seems to control his emotions a bit more now too. He looks less pissed and more is more focused and determined.

I think a no-no or perfect game is within reason this year. The AL central is so weak this year and our interleague match ups include the Pirates and Cubbies. If he manages to keep this pace up, no reason we shouldn't expect it sooner or later

and he threw a 96 mph fastballl in the 9th. mmmmmmmmmmm

jman2050

It's easy to forget with all the time he's missed but this is only the 19th start of his career.

Also no way was that a strike.

McNei1y

I understand that I'm just surprised he never got to 100 before the surgery.

He got into some pretty shotty situations in his first few games. I feel like another reason is because of our lack of offense. He's been put in so many pressure situations.

and the ump struck again :lol

Fuck the ump man horrible strike zone.wtf at those calls. Get rid of all these fucking geezers and get young ppl that can actually see!

turnbuckle

I think a no-no or perfect game is within reason this year. The AL central is so weak this year and our interleague match ups include the Pirates and Cubbies. If he manages to keep this pace up, no reason we shouldn't expect it sooner or later

and he threw a 96 mph fastballl in the 9th. mmmmmmmmmmm

My favorite Verlander superhuman feat was a couple years ago where he hit 101 or 102 on about the 120th pitch of a game.

Things are getting scary now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom