• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashman

Banned
The Rangers have never won a championship in my life time. Or anybodies life time. Or ever.

But that's not the point I was trying to make. I was so fucking ecstatic when the Rangers clinched the division back in 2010. For every division/pennant win there is at least some joy that comes from it. Hell even 2004 was a pretty fun year. Pirates haven't had anything like that in forever.

rekameohs

Banned
ibugQG8k8P8SXf.gif

Together, We're Giant!

Redux

Banned
Indians close to signing DH/OF Johnny Damon
Johnny Damon will be an Indian all year long. "Exit clause"... Sizemore will be on the DL.. most likely all year long.

Id put Damon on first over Kotchman (move him to third), been impressed with Duncan in left since late last year.

Enron

Banned
Real talk though, I do expect the M's to be a lot better than people think. They'll give the Angels a good battle for second, and maybe even win it if Pujols goes belly up.

Nah. There is zero chance of the Mariners finishing in second, or even giving the Angels a fight for second, even if Pujols gets injured.

eznark

Banned
Ugh, so fucking busy that I haven't had time to gloat over this Cubs domination. Holy shit...they are a really, really bad baseball team. Losing to a Brewers team that had Hart, Braun and Lucroy on the bench? lolololol

Hasn't Lincecum's velocity been down all Spring as well? Must be off the juice.

Sharp

Ugh, so fucking busy that I haven't had time to gloat over this Cubs domination. Holy shit...they are a really, really bad baseball team. Losing to a Brewers team that had Hart, Braun and Lucroy on the bench? lolololol

Hasn't Lincecum's velocity been down all Spring as well? Must be off the juice.
His velocity has been declining every year, I think. People were concerned last year too. At some point it's going to start affecting his results; maybe this is the year.

eznark

Banned
His velocity has been declining every year, I think. People were concerned last year too. At some point it's going to start affecting his results; maybe this is the year.

Maybe that's why the Giants went overboard on Cain. (and fucked the Brewers in the process...MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!)

jakncoke

Banned
But that's not the point I was trying to make. I was so fucking ecstatic when the Rangers clinched the division back in 2010. For every division/pennant win there is at least some joy that comes from it. Hell even 2004 was a pretty fun year. Pirates haven't had anything like that in forever.

from April to the call last year was pretty fun for me. hence my biggest amount of mlb related posts

Here's a nice take on the Lincecum thing. Really glad I shipped him for JUp in a keeper league last year.

Maybe that's why the Giants went overboard on Cain. (and fucked the Brewers in the process...MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!)

I remember the Cain for Fielder trade rumors like it was yesterday. Wonder what would've happened if they had done that. Maybe they'd still have Lawrie?

1990 right? That was the year I was born lol

I got a couple of years on ya! I barely remember watching the World Series, but I do. I remember how green the A's field was. I asked my Dad, "Dad, how many games do you have to win to win the world series?" and he said "4." I was asking how many games the teams had won during the course of the season, so I thought he was patronizing me because I was a kid. Then I started thinking "Well, maybe he means we have to win 4 in a row to win the world series?" I was 5 years old. lol

Jon

Pat Burrell is going to officially retire with the Phillies on May 19th against the Sox.

A hero's welcome awaits!

“Jason Bay doesn’t say anything to anybody. Once in a while you have to go protect somebody,” Collins said. “When we’re walking 10 guys in a game, I got a lot of guts to go out there and argue balls and strikes when we’re not throwing it over (the plate).

“But Jason Bay never says a word. So when he’s arguing, there’s an issue.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-boils-thrown-article-1.1060224#ixzz1rqadjxuI

Strasburg vs. Jason Bay
http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB...tterX=50&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=3

Full Chart
http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB...atterX=0&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=3

HOLY YEAR OF UMPS. Please let me find video clips.

Macattk15

Real talk though, I do expect the M's to be a lot better than people think. They'll give the Angels a good battle for second, and maybe even win it if Pujols goes belly up.

I would love nothing more. I know we have no shot at catching the Rangers .... most likely not even next year either .... but I would absolutely love to shit on the Angels playoff chances any way possible.

I do not like the Rangers but I can tolerate their fans. I HATE the Angels and I HATE their fans.

turnbuckle

Coming in late, was listening on the radio. Really nice recovery for Smyly in that first inning. Two rookies and Scherzer the next three games including today...could be a rough stretch for us.

I fucking hate Burrell so I dont have a problem with any of that. Guy stole money for way to long. I think he didnt get any where near as much shit as he deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom