• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doytch

Ouch.
downsspiked.gif

Man, that fuck up by Broxton yesterday stings, but going .500 on a six game road trip vs a great team (the Angels) and a crappy team (the A's) isn't bad, I guess.

Zep

Banned
WFAN producer Al Dukes talked to a Mets official this morning who told him the team intends to honor the retirement of Braves OF Chipper Jones, according to this report on WFAN.com.

“It was a conversation that went like this,” Dukes explained on air, “‘Will we acknowledge Chipper Jones’ career? Yes we will.’”

"Will we acknowledge Larry shitting on us for 15 years? Yes we will"

aaa-rafters-michael-jordan-number-retired-by-miami-heat.jpg

pitching sucked today for the Twins, and we'll probably have a lot of days like that, but it was nice to see mauer and morneau beat the shit out of the opposition just like old times again and win a game by pure offensive brute strength

Selig has to broker this deal soon. He can't allow the arrogant Giants to push him around. Do the genius Billy Beane a favor because his tyle of baseball eradicated the steroid era, something Allan H. could never do.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Shit, forgot about Bobby.

A video ceremony will have to do!
Howard 1.008 OPS, 116 tOPS+ vs. the Braves.

Chipper 1.042 OPS, 123 tOPS+ vs. the Phillies.

Aha!

a video ceremony with highlights would be way too long anyway...

Binx

Huddy pitching in Rome tonight. Gave up 2 runs in 3 innings, but throwing strikes and getting lots of ground balls.

Flunkie

Banned
So nobody is talking about Brian Wilson? He came in today, juiced the bases, hurt what appeared to be his side, had a decline in velocity and his body language looked noticeably worse, walked in a run, then made the worthless Scutaro pop out to end it.

They say he "turned his ankle" and won't pitch Friday, but.. do you believe that?

Meier

Bills pitching out of his mind and the Dodgers starting 5-1 is about as far from my expectation as possible. Offense still looks pretty bad on the whole.. can't believe we didn't make any real moves as far as that's concerned all off season.

I'm guessing he's on your fantasy team? Or is it Gio?

Gio. Lidge never sucks when I need him to (2008 against the Dodgers) but always when I don't want him to. Bastard..

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Have you seen Galvis play? He is an amazing defensive player, way better then Utley was.

Way better? So Galvis must be the best defensive second basemen ever then. Unless you mean post-injury Utley I guess.

I'm trying to figure out which of the 10pm games to watch. I don't know, they're both so boring. Think I'm gonna go Dodgers/Pirates.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
So nobody is talking about Brian Wilson? He came in today, juiced the bases, hurt what appeared to be his side, had a decline in velocity and his body language looked noticeably worse, walked in a run, then made the worthless Scutaro pop out to end it.

They say he "turned his ankle" and won't pitch Friday, but.. do you believe that?

I posted about it just above...but ya he has dealt with injuries last year so he could have tweaked something again. It might be his ankle or he might be lying about some injury again...

Way better? So Galvis must be the best defensive second basemen ever then. Unless you mean post-injury Utley I guess.

I'm trying to figure out which of the 10pm games to watch. I don't know, they're both so boring. Think I'm gonna go Dodgers/Pirates.

I think people are remembering Utley's D as better then it acrtually was. He was really good before but not very good at all last year. Galvis has more range then Utley ever had, and especially last year.

Great win by the Phils tonight. The offense has looked so much better the last 2 games. Blanton looked great tonight, hopefully he can some how keep that up the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom