• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Were you weeping when you typed that?
More or less.

I was completely devastated when he blew out his arm in 2006. The Twins have handled him fairly poorly ever since.

- He threw over 200 innings in 2008 in his first year back from surgery, which was terrible.
- In 2009 he was run down from overusage and had a crappy year.
- In 2010 he was fantastic, but he also threw like 60 innings in winter ball so he had a very high workload.
- In 2011 he didn't do much during the offseason, and had a pretty bad year as a result.
- This year he pitched in winter ball, had a great spring, and has had a couple of rough starts to start the season.

I don't know. The Twins front office & coaching staff is clearly exasperated with him at this point (he'll be the new whipping boy now that Slowey got shipped out of town, and Baker is out for the year). Most of his problems seem to be mental. They've never discussed having him work with a sports psychologist or anything of the sort.

I don't think it's all the team's fault, by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think that he's not in an environment where he is going to succeed. I imagine some other team will pick him up next year on a very reasonable contract and he'll thrive with a coaching staff & training staff that will work with him properly.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/18/some-philly-fans-bring-class-to-the-nlcs/

The signs aren't even clever or funny. Though I should probably lower my expectations when it comes to the intelligence of Philly fans.

Jesus I cant believe this upsets you so much. None of those signs were malicious or hurtful. People dont like Burrell because he was so highly touted and never lived up to it, and he also had a horrible attitude the whole time he was in Philly. I really cant see getting so upset that you take multiple shots at an entire fanbase because someone holds up a sign that says bed wetter. Phillies fans are the best in all of baseball in part because they do stuff like this. I would rather have fans that care enough to hold up signs and actually fill the place, rather then games that cant even sell out a game.

Blearth

Banned
Jesus I cant believe this upsets you so much. None of those signs were malicious or hurtful. People dont like Burrell because he was so highly touted and never lived up to it, and he also had a horrible attitude the whole time he was in Philly. I really cant see getting so upset that you take multiple shots at an entire fanbase because someone holds up a sign that says bed wetter. Phillies fans are the best in all of baseball in part because they do stuff like this. I would rather have fans that care enough to hold up signs and actually fill the place, rather then games that cant even sell out a game.

Philly fans have convinced themselves that being stupid is equivalent to being good fans.

cashman

Banned
bed wetter isn't funny. This is funny

baseballhowardtroll.gif

Chuck

Still without luck
Just curious, what is with the Marlins in the thread title? I know Curt posted on GAF for his video game, but are there Marlins on here too??

turnbuckle

The Giants must have terrible fans then. Only reaching 3 million tickets sold 10 of the last 12 years.

I think he was defending the quality of the Phillies fan base, not talking about the Giants's. You seem to be easily offended or show symptoms of faux outrage.

I feel I should post this ONE MORE TIME since I expect this league up by Sunday at the latest...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465150&page=8

List for the MLB 12: The Show "30 Teams, 30 GAFfers" League
AL East
Baltimore Orioles - CRIP4LIFE
Boston Red Sox - Sanjuro Tsubaki
New York Yankees - pistolpete2940
Tampa Bay Rays - darkside31337
Toronto Blue Jays - sext0n

AL Central
Chicago White Sox - S1lent
Cleveland Indians - Ramirez
Detroit Tigers - Square Triangle
Kansas City Royals - Duane Cunningham
Minnesota Twins - VACANT

AL West
Los Angeles Angels - Dmncnby2k9
Oakland Athletics - VACANT
Seattle Mariners - goldlion054
Texas Rangers - DCX

NL East
Atlanta Braves - AnEternalEnigma
Miami Marlins - VACANT
New York Mets - The Frankman
Philadelphia Phillies - VACANT
Washington Nationals - Kave_Man

NL Central
Chicago Cubs - Mrbob
Cincinnati Reds - jmitchell
Houston Astros - VACANT
Milwaukee Brewers - eznark
Pittsburgh Pirates - ajf009
St. Louis Cardinals - Shiv47

NL West
Arizona Diamondbacks - acheron_xl
Colorado Rockies - Fenix
Los Angeles Dodgers - FrenchMovieTheme
San Diego Padres - ecnal
San Francisco Giants - Corran Horn

If you want in the league, PM me and post in the thread so he can get your info!
Why did no other team pick up Johnny Damon?
The same reason no one took the Astros or Twins in our League?

LJ11

How many sliders did Lidge hang? Everything was right over the heart of the plate, dude is lucky that he only gave up two.

Macattk15

Telling you that kid is dope!

I agree. I've always liked him. He has hit at EVERY level. He crushed that pitch off a lefty too.

Too bad his position in college was 2B and Ackley cock blocked that.

I still say move Ackley to LF and let Seager man 2B forever.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I agree. I've always liked him. He has hit at EVERY level. He crushed that pitch off a lefty too.

Too bad his position in college was 2B and Ackley cock blocked that.

I still say move Ackley to LF and let Seager man 2B forever.

I don't mind him at 3rd for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom