• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNei1y

Hey guys, I am giving you all official sabermetric permission to yell at your manager every time he plays no doubles unless (1) you're up by exactly one run, and (2) you have good rangy infielders.

:lol

6-2. Luck just doesn't justify where we are.

McNei1y

I fucking love baseball season. Its soooooooooo nice to see baseball highlights on sportscenter and shit when at the bar. I love knowing that my team *usually plays the next day. 162 games really is a gift (and a curse).

eznark

Banned
I fucking love baseball season. Its soooooooooo nice to see baseball highlights on sportscenter and shit when at the bar. I love knowing that my team *usually plays the next day. 162 games really is a gift (and a curse).
Stop watching ESPN asshole

Blearth

Banned
CALL THE COPS I DON'T GIVE A FUCK

F3QxL.gif

Tonight we shall dine on .500 baseball!

Heyward definitely looks more like the player we thought he might become so far this season. Good solid line drives, good hustle, and he's not chasing those down and away breaking balls at nearly the same clip as he was last year.

verbum

NL East

Nationals
Mets
Phillies
Braves
Marlins

Yet let's be content, and the times lament, you see the world turn'd upside down.

I'd like to see a Braves starting pitcher get through the 6th inning in this series. That would be a miracle.
Jurrjens's ERA now at 7.71.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Red Sox called up Che-Hsuan Lin after putting Ellsbury on the DL.

Good move for the Sox. I think baseball could use a little
Linsanity.

Maxim726X

13 straight quality starts for Dickey.

He'll never be considered an ace because he's a knuckleballer, but goddamn is he consistent... And consistently good.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Does anyone else hate when your team just goes off and scores a ton of runs?

I always feel like over the past couple of decades with the Braves in certain series we'd come out and score double digit runs and just pound the opposing pitchers. We'd look like an offensive tour de force. Then the next two games we go and score like 1 run combined. Always makes me wish we could spread the production out a little.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Does anyone else hate when your team just goes off and scores a ton of runs?

Nope.

I always feel like over the past couple of decades with the Braves in certain series we'd come out and score double digit runs and just pound the opposing pitchers. We'd look like an offensive tour de force. Then the next two games we go and score like 1 run combined. Always makes me wish we could spread the production out a little.

Welcome to the world of small sample sizes and random variance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom