• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
does anyone else crack up when you see charlie manual walk to the mound? he looks like he is about to sit down in the middle of the field and pout like a little kid.

Watching Bobby Parnell throw a curve is beautiful to me. Isringhausen's biggest contribution to the Mets.

EDIT: Oh you are kidding me w/ that video. That's unfair...

I'm kinda happy I didn't get tickets today for the Mets-Phillies game now. With a 5-0 lead someone full of liquid courage would've seen me in full Mets gear and invited me to a cheerful discussion about Mets and Phils. One thing would'vve led to another and I imagine I would've ended up with a broken bottle in my neck.

hopefully not enough... I just tuned into the game and liked the score at 4-0.... I really hope my tuning in isn't the turning point for Detroit lol

Omg, Detroit might get swept by the Sox. This is so awful. The bats just arn't going. Clearly the messed up batter's box is still affecting Detroit negatively!

At least there is tomorrow to get avoid the sweep

zulux21

Omg, Detroit might get swept by the Sox. This is so awful. The bats just arn't going. Clearly the messed up batter's box is still affecting Detroit negatively!

At least there is tomorrow to get avoid the sweep

The funny thing is Texas' bats weren't really going against the Sox, nor were the Indians... Dare I say the White Sox might actually have pretty good pitching this year and it's just being completely overlooked :p? I know I know it's to early to tell, but I figured from the start the starting pitching would be decent, the big question mark would be the bullpen and so far the rookies look solid.

Either way I would love to see the sweep, you can never win to many games against the favorites, and I would love to see the sox start off perfect against them and go around .700 for the season against them.

The funny thing is Texas' bats weren't really going against the Sox, nor were the Indians... Dare I say the White Sox might actually have pretty good pitching this year and it's just being completely overlooked :p? I know I know it's to early to tell, but I figured from the start the starting pitching would be decent, the big question mark would be the bullpen and so far the rookies look solid.

Gavin Floyd got away with 2 bases loaded scenarios and 3 double plays today (4 if Jackson hadn't beaten the tag to get the double). Not gonna get away with that all the time. Though, I will admit I think Peavy is a really solid pitcher who is underrated in this league.

You'll get yours, don't you worry

Rauch closes the door, put that win in the books!

Wright goes back win a vengeance! Lucas Duda with a 2-run jack and Niese throws a beautiful game. Mets now 6-2!

Jon Niese line:
6.2 IP,
0 R/ER
5 H
1 BB
5 K's
102 pitches

So how long is it going to be until Darvish gets sent to the minors?

11.1 IP
17 hits
8 BB + 2 HBP
9 K
7 RA

Dude is making Dice K look like a great signing.

Sharp

So how long is it going to be until Darvish gets sent to the minors?

11.1 IP
17 hits
8 BB + 2 HBP
9 K
7 RA

Dude is making Dice K look like a great signing.
Way to judge a dude after 11 IP... though he probably should have started the season in the minors.

Windu

i think he'll be fine. seems like he attacks the hitters etc.. and doesn't nibble like most Japanese pitchers it seems. Like his stuff.

btw NESN sure knows how to pick them. Jenny Dell, yes please.

i think he'll be fine. seems like he attacks the hitters etc.. and doesn't nibble like most Japanese pitchers it seems. Like his stuff.

btw NESN sure knows how to pick them. Jenny Dell, yes please.

Yeah, when I think of a guy attacking hitters, I'm thinking of a guy who has walked 8 and hit 2 in 11 innings against the Mariners and Twins.

Gonna be scary when he faces an actual major league offense.

Edit- Darvish has a 6.17 BB/9 along with the two hit batters right now. Worst in MLB baseball last year among qualified starters was 4.11 BB/9

Windu

changeup right down the middle to braun and he missed it. whew
Yeah, when I think of a guy attacking hitters, I'm thinking of a guy who has walked 8 and hit 2 in 11 innings against the Mariners and Twins.

Gonna be scary when he faces an actual major league offense.
lol

Riggs

Banned
I believe he got a month in the Apple/Ipad Gaming thread. He, others and even a mod were making valid points on the Ipad as a "gaming console" and after he left, some mod came in, re-read the posts and banned a ton of people. The mod who started the joking of course was not banned.

Apple is serious business, yo.
Most of those bans were definitely not legitimate. Everyone was being respectful , banned for opinions basically. Unless I am wrong, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom