• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yesterday was just a terrible day all around. It's time to FREE DOM BROWN. And before anyone says "lol Dom Brown so bad", consider this: all our left fielders suck donkey anus.

2806561_o.gif

Pollux

I will literally give just about anything to Castellini for him to fire Dusty right fucking now. This was supposed to be a a fun year, and a good team. I know BP is injured still, and Rolen is a geezer...but my God this team looks about as unmotivated as a little league team. Let's not even discuss some of our rotation and the decisions that have been made regarding them.

I doubt it will happen, but I can dream, can't I?

How has Tim Collins been so far, btw?

Eh, okay. We've got a pretty solid bullpen, and he's kind of middle of the road in it. So far this year he's been used about five times and one of those games (earlier this week) was a disaster where he lost us the game, but he was lights out the rest of his appearances. And he had a good ST, too.

That's pretty much how he was in 2011, pretty dependable most of the time, but shat the bed every now and then.

Someone should have shown you your rotation a couple week ago. It could be worse, you're lucky Duffy has been lights out.

Yeah, that crazy fucker is going to wind up being an ace, I think. Everyone else can suck it. I'm done waiting for Bruce Chen and Like Hocheaver to "turn the corner". Depressing fact: the Royals drafted Hoch instead of Tim Lincecum.

eznark

Banned
I will literally give just about anything to Castellini for him to fire Dusty right fucking now. This was supposed to be a a fun year, and a good team. I know BP is injured still, and Rolen is a geezer...but my God this team looks about as unmotivated as a little league team. Let's not even discuss some of our rotation and the decisions that have been made regarding them.

Not Dusty's fault he is stuck managing over-hyped strike out machines, a shitty rotation and broken down old bums.

You know who is playing pretty well? That Juan Francisco guy. Seems like a real talent. The Reds should try to groom players like him.

BFIB

Now that TLR is gone, Baker has lost his motivation. Until he finds someway, somehow to build hatred towards Matheny. I'm sure he'll find a way.

EDIT: That Morgan slide. LOL

eznark

Banned
Yeah, that crazy fucker is going to wind up being an ace, I think. Everyone else can suck it. I'm done waiting for Bruce Chen and Like Hocheaver to "turn the corner". Depressing fact: the Royals drafted Hoch instead of Tim Lincecum.

I just looked up the Royals numbers. You're lucky we gave you Yuni back because Cain/Alcides suuuuuuuuxxxxxxorzzzzzz

I just looked up the Royals numbers. You're lucky we gave you Yuni back because Cain/Alcides suuuuuuuuxxxxxxorzzzzzz

No, I'm still happy with that trade. Both of them have amazing defense, especially Esky. We don't really know how good Cain is on the MLB level yet because we had Melky last year and kept Cain in AAA. Then this year, he only got to play a few games before going on the 15 day DL 'cause he pulled his dick bone on a nice catch, but he should be back any day now. I think he'll be a good hitter though. And Escobar, yeah, he'll always be a bottom of the order guy, but he's an amazing acrobat on defense. And he can steal when he does get on.

Well, it begins. Berkman headed to the DL with a calf injury. Craig is still out so Skip Schumaker is activated instead. Hope we don't waste our hot start now that injuries are creeping up.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2l4hkXOcf1r4154ao1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Eh, we play the Cubs/Astros/Pirates plus one series with the Brewers for the next few weeks. As long as injuries don't continue to pile up and Berkman's injury isn't too serious, we should be able to tread water against the scrubs of the NL Central.

[quote="TheNatural, post: 37099010"]If the Pirates were in Double A where they belong, the Reds would have the worst offense in MLB.[/QUOTE]
Can't even tee off on a struggling pitcher coming off TJ lol.

eznark

Banned
yeah i didn't see it, he really should be playing on the corners.

(still better than braun!)

Clearly not. Braun has an MVP and a RoY award to his name. Kemp just plays well on a super shitty team. He's like the marginally attractive girl who hangs out with tubbo's at the bar to make herself feel better.

TheNatural

My Member!
Clearly not. Braun has an MVP and a RoY award to his name. Kemp just plays well on a super shitty team. He's like the marginally attractive girl who hangs out with tubbo's at the bar to make herself feel better.

So in girl analogies, is Braun the unnatural girl with fake tits?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Yo Philthies fans, have there been any recent updates on Howard's or Utley's timelines? I feel like I haven't heard anything in a while.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Yo Philthies fans, have there been any recent updates on Howard's or Utley's timelines? I feel like I haven't heard anything in a while.
i believe amaro recently said that utley is improving but no timetable, aka it will be awhile. Howard i think they are hoping for a late may, early june return.
Yeah. Basically Braun is a playboy model while Kemp poses for Hustler.
braun requires more photoshop filters though.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
i believe amaro recently said that utley is improving but no timetable, aka it will be awhile. Howard i think they are hoping for a late may, early june return.

I'm waiting for Amaro to trade Hamels for a bat. Should happen soon.

And my new avy is pure sex.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
you see, with braun you have to photoshop a dick in that gif. Kemp is dedicated to his craft and requires no such additions.
I'm waiting for Amaro to trade Hamels for a bat. Should happen soon.

And my new avy is pure sex.
Hamels for Jurrjens and Constanza.

about time you changed away from that ugly old one

I ask because while giving up Wainwright backfired, you guys always seem to be swimming in pitching prospects so perhaps it doesn't hurt as much. Giving up Haren has sucked since we've had to overpay for the Pineros, Lohses, and Westbrooks in free agency.

Yesterday on the radio they said they expect Utley to be back first, I dont believe anyone had said that before. Hopefully that is good Utley news, and not bad Howard news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom