• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
But how is there any way to know if Heyward feels more pressure in those spots, or if it would affect his performance? He wouldn't come clean to the coaching staff about his own, actually physical, injuries for months; he wouldn't (and as far as I know, hasn't) say anything about feeling pressure by hitting higher in the lineup. And you might recall that he was amazing in his rookie year (a time when many players are said to face pressure) while hitting 2nd most of the time.

He's the Brave's best non-Chipper hitter when he's healthy, which he is and has been this year, and which he was in his rookie year. Last year he was injured.

What's this about a month? Fredi's said nothing I know about moving Heyward up in the lineup after a month, or any other arbitrary point in time. And he's been one of the best hitters in baseball so far. He's healthy. I think his stroke is fine. And again, "demands of being a primary run producer" is such a meaningless statement without actually being familiar with his own personal mental process.

Doubtful, at least on Fredi's part. And there's a difference between diagnosis and prognosis. Maybe the coaching staff has properly identified the former, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have a grasp on the latter as well.

Still not sure if you're being serious.

A lot of players fall into a mental funk, as well as his injuries.. I don't know what Fredi said publicly, but most managers don't lay the inner workings of how they are handling a young player on the table.. What I said was I don't see an issue with letting him settle in a 6th for a while then move him up in the lineup, if Fredi doesn't do that then yeah he is messing, but as of April I would say he is doing his job of handling the kid..

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
8bXeY.jpg

A lot of players fall into a mental funk, as well as his injuries.. I don't know what Fredi said publicly, but most managers don't lay the inner workings of how they are handling a young player on the table.. What I said was I don't see an issue with letting him settle in a 6th for a while then move him up in the lineup, if Fredi doesn't do that then yeah he is messing, but as of April I would say he is doing his job of handling the kid..
what are you smoking?

clemenx

Banned
I like Darvish but it's kind of puzzling how he completely losses control of his fastball at times. He'll easily be very good if he can control that fastball
That's my armchair assessment after seeing one game

Windu

Also, really good work there Windu on the spreadsheet. We should do that before every series.
makes it that much easier to laugh at bad managers

although career splits for some of these players are probably misleading, probably better to use the last 3 years, i'm lazy though.

cashman

Banned
I like Darvish but it's kind of puzzling how he completely losses control of his fastball at times. He'll easily be very good if he can control that fastball
That's my armchair assessment after seeing one game

At least 4 BB in all his starts so far, but at least he's been battling like a champion so far this season. Dude has 80 grade makeup.

Windu

heyward hit that line drive single because he was confident in the 6th spot. If he batted 2nd that would have been a double play. /end sacrasm

Blackace

heyward hit that line drive single because he was confident in the 6th spot. If he batted 2nd that would have been a double play. /end sacrasm

rofl... Jason shouldn't be hitting 2nd also.. He has the makings of 3rd for sure.. But it's just an opinion that I have about no need to be an asshole

Windu

Jason Heyward

Helping clear the pitcher one plate appearance at a time.
rofl... Jason shouldn't be hitting 2nd also.. He has the makings of 3rd for sure.. But it's just an opinion that I have about no need to be an asshole
sure that high walk rate of his would be horrible in the 2 hole! he probably sucks at bunting too. /end sarcasm.

Blackace

sure that high walk rate of his would be horrible in the 2 hole! he probably sucks at bunting too. /end sarcasm.

high walk rates sure are horrible to have in the 3 hole... So I guess being an asshat is just what you do..

Enron

Banned
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/24471/about-last-night-summitt-bids-farewell

With the SafeCo Field crowd at a record low (11,343, the lowest since the stadium opened in 1999), Jason Vargas struck out seven in seven innings as the Mariners beat the Indians 4-1. Time for a new feature: angry, ignorant rants about Seattle. Ahem. Only 11,000 people? Why am I not surprised? Maybe if SafeCo Field were a Keds factory with a hipster coffee shop and Che Guevara reading poetry, they could actually fill the place. Until then, every male between 20 and 40 will probably keep rolling around in their corduroy sheets and having sex dreams about their iPads. Seattle makes me sick.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Mike Minor is really just a left-handed and more effective version of Tommy Hanson.

Oof, damn, I see Windu took one for the team there. I had your back dude (but you probably crossed the line with that last comment).

Fenix

I do not understand this zone. Strike 1 to Scott was way outside, ball 2 to Longo (strike 3) was perfectly placed at the knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom