• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
tumblr_m2l5hzW5y61r4154ao1_500.gif

rekameohs

Banned
Joe Paterson is horrible. His ERA's 33.50 though, so he's still almost 2 times better than Mark Melancon!

Oh, nope sorry. ERA is 37.13 now. Do we know how to finish a blowout?

Guess the Cards were "due" for a blown save loss. Figures it would happen against the Cubbies. Oh, well let's get them tomorrow.
oh wait, Wainwright's pitching tomorrow x_x

how many DeBarges are there? There's a DeBarge singing God Bless America at the Dodger game (and she's not bad looking at that). They're like the Wayans of the music world.

clemenx

Banned
Bahahahahaha holy shit. I suggested the Brewers bring in Axford to bail the Brewers out in the seventh. Beat writer retweeted me. All of the Brewers fans on twitter exploded.

This is the funniest shit ever. It's like talking with toddlers.

Hahaha just read most of the replies directed at you. Absolutely hilarious how peoplr think the 9th inning is some mythical thing. The dude saying "block" was priceless.

zulux21

In other fat news, Bartolo went 7IP 2ER and still lost. Oakland, lol

to be fair Peavy is looking really really good so far this season. Like almost former cy young winner good. Granted he will most likely dislocate his elbow next month or something, but until then hopefully he keeps looking good, and getting the first place Chicago White Sox some more wins.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
to be fair Peavy is looking really really good so far this season. Like almost former cy young winner good. Granted he will most likely dislocate his elbow next month or something, but until then hopefully he keeps looking good, and getting the first place Chicago White Sox some more wins.

Pretty sure Peavy is a cyborg now.

zulux21

Pretty sure Peavy is a cyborg now.

I would be perfectly fine with this, though I would rather not see the sox pick up his option for next year. If he has a good year I am hoping they can work out something closer to $30 mil for the next 3 years instead of 22mil just for next season. Though no matter how he does this season with his injury history for the last few years I don't see the white sox (or any other team if he is traded mid season) picking up that 22 mil option. I more see him wanting a 1 year deal to prove this year isn't a fluke (if he has a good year) and then go for one last big contract.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
wow......

Well the way he's pitched this season, it wasn't crazy.

I saw Jurrjens - Pineda pitch against each other back late in ST. Neither guy looked physically right and it was ugly. Pineda was fat and out of shape and was acting like he got shot after every pitch he threw. And it basically played out like that.

Still stunned Jurrjens got as little rope as he did. That was a pretty quick fall.

Shocked they sent JJ to AAA over Delgado. JJ has always pitched above where the metrics have him pegged, but he has been just bad this year. Hopefully he can work it out.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I know I said this earlier as part of a joke, but I would literally rather have Livan in the rotation than JJ right now.

Oh, and under the Bobby/Schuerholz administration, you know JJ would have gotten at least 3 more months before anything happened. Better approach? I don't know. Harder to watch though.

carlos

surprised at the JJ to AAA move (not that he didn't deserve it, but that they actually did it)

bigger question for me is what are they doing to Pastornicky?
Freeman got over a month to work out his problems when he started last year (and he was doing worse than TP is right now).
That's 3 days the offense has been meh with Jack wilson starting, so they obviously broke whatever was making the offense click.
TP is supposedly working on his swing with the hitting coach, so I'll be optimistic since he has had good results so far....

alstein

surprised at the JJ to AAA move (not that he didn't deserve it, but that they actually did it)

bigger question for me is what are they doing to Pastornicky?
Freeman got over a month to work out his problems when he started last year (and he was doing worse than TP is right now).
That's 3 days the offense has been meh with Jack wilson starting, so they obviously broke whatever was making the offense click.
TP is supposedly working on his swing with the hitting coach, so I'll be optimistic since he has had good results so far....

Your other options aren't any better

Jack Wilson is better defensively, but not offensively, and is on his way down.
Andrelton Simmons is hitting .270 in AA, but doesn't walk or hit for power, though his defense is good. At best you'll get a early 90's Belliard (this is the option I'd go with, but he's a year away)

eznark

Banned
Hahaha just read most of the replies directed at you. Absolutely hilarious how peoplr think the 9th inning is some mythical thing. The dude saying "block" was priceless.

heh, that is the Brewers lead writer to mlb.com. Pretty sure he was joking. That did stir the pot though and led to a lot of the responses.

My favorite was the sideline bimbo (who was fired from MLBN after a few months for being an idiot) shocked that someone would ever consider using a "closer" in anything but the ninth and the guy who said no team in baseball history would ever use a closer to get out of a jam.

If JJ would've had a decent outing than Delgado would probably have been sent down. JJ made a tough call that much easier with the terrible outing last night. He has no one to blame but himself. I hope he gets whatever is wrong worked out because he does seem like a decent guy plus we need him as trade bait! :p

eznark

Banned
If JJ would've had a decent outing than Delgado would probably have been sent down. JJ made a tough call that much easier with the terrible outing last night. He has no one to blame but himself. I hope he gets whatever is wrong worked out because he does seem like a decent guy plus we need him as trade bait! :p

26 yeas old with a 5.5 bb/9. If someone offers the Braves a bucket of balls they should jump on that trade instantly.

26 yeas old with a 5.5 bb/9. If someone offers the Braves a bucket of balls they should jump on that trade instantly.

That's why I said he needs to get whatever problems he's got worked out to make himself more valuable. Otherwise, he becomes Derek Lowe and its addition by subtraction.

eznark

Banned
That's why I said he needs to get whatever problems he's got worked out to make himself more valuable. Otherwise, he becomes Derek Lowe and its addition by subtraction.

He seems to have pitched well last year. Seems kind of odd that they are dumping him after 4 starts.

I wish the Brewers would do that with Wolf.

verbum

It would be next year before he built up his value again if he does well from now on.
Would it make sense to dump him now for nothing or take a chance on building his value back up?
The Braves have some good talent waiting in the minors.

He seems to have pitched well last year. Seems kind of odd that they are dumping him after 4 starts.

I wish the Brewers would do that with Wolf.

He had the knee injury last year and hasn't been the same since. With Delgado pitching so well, aside from one inning a game, it would've been hard to send him down but I believe they would have done so if JJ showed any signs of getting out of his funk.

It'll be good to have Hudson back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom