• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
Ad the O's start their homestand right with a W. Pedro Strope might be the best guy we have in the pen.

Oh, and welcome back Jango!

I'll just say this, I understand the boos a bit if you look at Reyes words directly. He said he'd look and come back to the Mets, and basically later he said he went for the most money and didn't come back to the Mets. Now, everyone and their mama knew Mets weren't going to sign Reyes if the price went over 95 mil, but I think it's the later admission he never seriously took the Mets as suitors that might've pissed off a few fans.

Outside of that, it really should only last one day/one series at most.

Sanjuro

Um, he is. Mets have not exactly had a lot of legendary players over their history.

Now, if you relate legendary with postseason success, that's another thing.

Eh, I guess. I just see a lazy player who only busted his ass in a contract year on a dead team. Prior to that, there were always better players on the team than him. I primarily just don't see him and any specific memorable moments, but I'm also not a Mets fan.

I still like going out and giving ex-players good ovations on their return games. Usually always try and get tickets for those specific games.

clemenx, do you know the intro walkup music for Ruben Tejada? That shit is addictive, man.

And no, I'm not asking you because you are of Latino descent.

dmncby2k8 do you know? :D

Eh, I guess. I just see a lazy player who only busted his ass in a contract year on a dead team. Prior to that, there were always better players on the team than him.
blink.gif

ok.

Reyes is an excellent player when healthy. Legendary? No. But when the Mets were right, he was jet fuel in their offense.

Also, IRC is crackulating right now.

Sanjuro

Reyes is an excellent player when healthy. Legendary? No. But when the Mets were right, he was jet fuel in their offense.

Also, IRC is crackulating right now.

Never said he was bad. Frankman just seemed to forget that they had Beltran and Wright at one point in their careers.

Are you disagreeing with me there? You would be wrong if so.
You words are strange to me. Which argument are you going with, trolling Reyes or trolling Mets fans for their opinion of Reyes? I do not think you are serious in your earlier theory, so allow me a rejoinder if I may:

Jose Reyes was the spark in their offense and had many an All-Star caliber season when he was healthy. He gave the team energy and a dimension they sorely lacked for years prior, even if he was the 2nd/3rd best player on the team, that's not an indictment on Jose Reyes. Is that a fair assumption?
irc://irc.gccafe.com/mlb-age

Happy, francis?
Never.

Ugh, this is ugly. 12 hits and 6 runs with 2 more on base against the Mariner's bats? Go to hell Max Scherzer. You too Phil Coke, you useless bitch

Sanjuro

You words are strange to me. Which argument are you going with, trolling Reyes or trolling Mets fans for their opinion of Reyes? I do not think you are serious in your earlier theory, so allow me a rejoinder if I may:

Jose Reyes was the spark in their offense and had many an All-Star caliber season when he was healthy. Even if he was the 2nd-best hitter on the team, that's not an indictment on Jose Reyes. Is that a fair assumption?

Never.

Neither one of them is trolling because,

A. Reyes is a fairly lazy player.
&
B. Mets fans are booing Reyes.

I don't hate Mets fans or Reyes particularly, merely commenting on the topic at hand.

How is Jose Reyes fairly lazy? And by that I mean his last 3-4 years... Please explain.

EDIT: Let me give an example: If one was to say Hanley Ramirez was lazy, there's a mountain of evidence for that last year alone. I have never really heard of Jose being "a lazy player" outside of his 1st couple of years as a Met, and no real big incidents the last 3-4 years.

Sanjuro

How is Jose Reyes fairly lazy? And by that I mean his last 3-4 years... Please explain.

EDIT: Let me give an example: If one was to say Hanley Ramirez was lazy, there's a mountain of evidence for that last year alone. I have never really heard of Jose being "a lazy player" outside of his 1st couple of years as a Met, and no real big incidents the last 3-4 years.

Well, I know a ton of Mets fans considered him to be. From afar, that magical hamstring of his probably was a big factor.

Well, I know a ton of Mets fans considered him to be. From afar, that magical hamstring of his probably was a big factor.
ah, and while fans are your source they are not a real good source for facts because they are fans. Not saying all fans are biased, but you don't spell fan w/o "fanatic".

For instance, people who called Hanley lazy:

His managers (two different ones, McKeon and Fredi, not 100% sure if Girardi did)
A few bench coaches
His own teammates
Jeff Conine (worked in organization, they had a rather public spat)

Sanjuro

ah, and while fans are your source they are not a real good source for facts because they are fans. Not saying all fans are biased, but you don't spell fan w/o "fanatic".

For instance, people who called Hanley lazy:

His managers (two different ones, McKeon and Fredi)
A few bench coaches
His own teammates
Jeff Conine (worked in organization)

I'm not talking about Hanley though. We are talking about how Reyes is perceived by the fans, so I would say they are a pretty good source.

Hey Mets win. Good for them.
I'm not talking about Hanley though. We are talking about how Reyes is perceived by the fans, so I would say they are a pretty good source.
Perception does not equal reality though, especially with sports fans. You're missing the point.

But what is the meat of why they think he's lazy? Again, saying "because he's lazy" is not really a reason. If they're booing just to boo, then fine: free country. But booing because of some perceived fault that they embrace as the truth because they are unhappy he left is logically unsound.

eznark

Banned
But what is the meat of why they think he's lazy? Again, saying "because he's lazy" is not really a reason. If they're booing just to boo, then fine: free country. But booing because of some perceived fault is logically unsound.

Maybe they are booing because he is a coward who was scared to death of losing his meaningless batting average award and quit on his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom