• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucius

I actually hope Mo sticks with retiring this year even though he didn't say it most signs were pointing that way. The Yankees already got way more out of him then they ever should have, yeah it is not the best way to leave but the guy has nothing else left to prove.

Bigger problem Cano has looked terrible at the plate this year maybe worse then Pujols, it's all payback for giving up on Montero!

What the fuck was Mariano Rivera doing running down fly balls in the outfield? Did the Yankees hire Tom Thibedau?

he has always, ALWAYS, always shagged fly balls in the outfield. always. always. always.

..................this season is over, it's time to rebuild, at least Jeter is going out in style so far. salt the earth and burn everything. let's start anew.

Jangocube

Banned
Damn, sucks about Rivera. Always amazed me with his ability to locate and dominate with just two pitches.

Sorry for your loss Yankee fans.

jakncoke

Banned
Pittsburgh relievers kept piling up the strikeouts - the 17 Ks were the most by Pittsburgh in a nine-inning game since 1900, the team said in citing research by the Elias Sports Bureau.

wow

also what the fuck has gotten in Alvarez

RBH

also what the fuck has gotten in Alvarez

iuWPg4OFpNpYr.png

Maybe he's not a bust after all!

BFIB

Did Jirardi really blame the surface at Kaufman Stadium, or is that just a twitter rumor?

I'm shocked ESPN hasn't gotten on that, even if its just a rumor. Its always someone else's fault when something goes wrong w/ the Yankees.

Why was he out catching fly balls anyway?

sangreal

Did Jirardi really blame the surface at Kaufman Stadium, or is that just a twitter rumor?

Not that I saw, but they might not have shown that part of the interview on YES. He said it was a freak accident. Unless you're talking about the fact that he said 'the dirt gave way a little bit'

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Well don't you know, it's that time again. In order to prevent myself from killing myself based on how the Blues are doing, I have to distract myself by saying how poorly Albert Pujols is doing!

Total Home Runs: Zero. How many more players have move than him as of Midnight of May 4th? 257. Anyone new? Just one: Starlin Castro.

How about his AVG? .202 in 104 at bats. 161 players have a better batting average than Pujols this season. His RBI count remains at 5, making him tied for 212th best with 36 other players.

Interesting fact of the night: The Rays currently hold the best Home record in baseball with a 12-1 record.

oatmeal

Banned
No way he ends his career on that. He'll come back, even if only for a game.

His arm is still in great shape.

Let's be honest, he'll pitch until he's 60.

Also, what's going on in the AL East? The Sox have always had shit luck with injuries (last three years), but now the Rays have Longo out, and the Yanks get Pineda and Rivera?

Odd.

BFIB

I could see Mo coming back, depending on how his rehab goes. He's a class act though, shame if his career ended this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom