• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the MLB.com front page, Mo has a torn ACL and may not pitch again this year. I'd love to hear some scenarios in which he could conceivably pitch again between now and September (since we all know there won't be any October ball in Yankeeland this year).

Maybe some kind of magical brace on his plant leg combined with some fucking Bondo, perhaps?

According to the MLB.com front page, Mo has a torn ACL and may not pitch again this year. I'd love to hear some scenarios in which he could conceivably pitch again between now and September (since we all know there won't be any October ball in Yankeeland this year).

Maybe some kind of magical brace on his plant leg combined with some fucking Bondo, perhaps?
May?

Dude is out the year. Let's not kid ourselves.

Those scenarios involve suspicious packages from Brian McNamee and Ryan Braun's herpe medication.

Parch

I can see Mariano hanging up the spikes now. He probably was planning it anyway.

Great career. Best cutter in the history of the game.

Hoping the Bravos can turn it around against the ageless wonder that is Jamie Moyer tonight.

EDIT: That's not tonight. That's what I get for half-listening to the broadcast.

ToxicAdam

Jason Kipnis is quietly becoming a star. He posted an 841 OPS last year in 36 games. Now has an 883 OPS in the first 23. Not bad for a 2nd baseman.

eznark

Banned
Doug Melvin is a fucking idiot. Why look into Derek Lee? Why call up Brooks Conrad? Just fucking move ARam to first and call up Tyler Green. Problem solved. Good lord.

BFIB

Doug Melvin is a fucking idiot. Why look into Derek Lee? Why call up Brooks Conrad? Just fucking move ARam to first and call up Tyler Green. Problem solved. Good lord.

You can have our Tyler Greene.

i

Binx

Hoping the Bravos can turn it around against the ageless wonder that is Jamie Moyer tonight.

EDIT: That's not tonight. That's what I get for half-listening to the broadcast.

Moscoso should provide an even better opportunity to turn it around. I mean if the Mets can get 6 runs off of him . . .

Conrad was hitting .400 in AAA. After seeing all the clutch, late-game hits he had with the Braves in 2010, he's worth a shot.

He was kind of garbage in 2011, but I don't think he was ever going to escape the shadow of that game while wearing a Braves uniform.

Besides, what if Ramirez doesn't want to move to 1B?

RBH

Conrad was hitting .400 in AAA. After seeing all the clutch, late-game hits he had with the Braves in 2010, he's worth a shot.

He was kind of garbage in 2011, but I don't think he was ever going to escape the shadow of that game while wearing a Braves uniform.
I was there live for that game and I don't think I'll get it out of my memory anytime soon.

I was there live for that game and I don't think I'll get it out of my memory anytime soon.

I was there too. Two of the people we were there with started pulling out their cell phones when Kimbrel had Sanchez at two strikes. I told them they were asking for trouble.

I left this forum last night after the Knicks game, having punched a wall in frustration because of that bitter loss.

I found out about what happened to the greatest closer of all time literally 30 mins ago, and I just have nothing left to give. My girlfriend took care not to tell me before today, because she knew I was going to flip out.

I don't know if I can watch sports right now, man...everything sucks. What are we going to do without GOD closing games? :*(

BFIB

This week has truly sucked donkey balls. Mo out for the year, not a Yankees fan, but the man is clutch. Junior Seau's suicide, and now MCA's death.

Fuck this week, seriously.

EDIT: Forgot Stan Musial's wife also passed. That means The Man to my left might not have long left himself. :(

sangreal

I left this forum last night after the Knicks game, having punched a wall in frustration because of that bitter loss.

I found out about what happened to the greatest closer of all time literally 30 mins ago, and I just have nothing left to give. My girlfriend took care not to tell me before today, because she knew I was going to flip out.

I don't know if I can watch sports right now, man...everything sucks. What are we going to do without GOD closing games? :*(

The Yankees will be fine, but I feel like I've been deprived of the excitement of seeing him pitch his last game (hopefully to close out the WS).

As it stands right now, his save against the Orioles on April 30 may be the last game Rivera ever pitches.

Cashman just announced Robertson is the new closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom