• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giants relief pitcher Guillermo Mota just got a 100-game suspension for testing positive for Clenbuterol, a steroid.

Mota was suspended for the first 50 games of the 2007 season for testing positive for steroids.

Blearth

Banned
So according to the Twin's facebook page they're taking on the Angles today. How acute.

SimonPegg_HotFuzz_002a.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hamels "suspended" for 5 games. Yeah way to send a message about intentionally hitting batters with a pitch! (personally I couldn't give a shit that Harper got nailed)

JABEE

Hamels "suspended" for 5 games. Yeah way to send a message about intentionally hitting batters with a pitch! (personally I couldn't give a shit that Harper got nailed)
He was only suspended one start for admitting to it. Zimmerman plunked Hamels in response. The league only suspends players stupid enough to admit to doing it. No message sent, it's just one start.

Edit: Hamels doesn't even miss start. Phillies have off day on Thursday, so the only thing lost is an extra day of rest for Halladay. Hamels pitches on Sunday.

Madtown_

He shouldn't be suspended, in my opinion. People get hit all the time and it's intentional a lot of the time too. And just because Zimmerman doesn't admit it, he doesn't get suspended either? Stupid, just stupid.

Just my opinion.

Anyways, can't wait for the Brewers game tonight to see who else can get injured!

Talon

Woo...Braves are less than 2 miles from me for the next few days. Got a group going to see them for the first time all season.

Let's reminisce on Chipper and Wrigley.

"I will be in the front row when they blow up Wrigley Field. The ballpark is awful." - Chipper

JABEE

He shouldn't be suspended, in my opinion. People get hit all the time and it's intentional a lot of the time too. And just because Zimmerman doesn't admit it, he doesn't get suspended either? Stupid, just stupid.

Just my opinion.

Anyways, can't wait for the Brewers game tonight to see who else can get injured!
Boooooooooooo! That's not right.

Tejada to DL with quad strain. Valdespin is back up and will start tomorrow. Today, red head Justin Turner makes his first start at SS.

zulux21

looks like the whitesox are about to lose.. gave up 2 runs in the bottom of the fifth with no one out two out... and the rain is starting... hopefully it holds off becoming heavy long enough for them to get to bat in the top of the 6th so they can score some runs.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Was switching from Gameday to TV and missed it.

Both Heyward and Rev need to move up in the lineup.

Heyward yes, but Tyler's in the perfect place for his talents. He'd see a lot more strikes in a different spot, and his patience is one of his better skills.

Binx

Heyward yes, but Tyler's in the perfect place for his talents. He'd see a lot more strikes in a different spot, and his patience is one of his better skills.

Just frustrating to see him get on base so much and always have the pitcher behind him.

eznark

Banned
Ryan Braun knows old school baseball.

Ryan Braun has claimed a lot of things, being "old school" is one I do not recall. Being a mouthy brash douche? Totally.

"Why would he admit it? No one who is old school would ever be that dumb."

He got some good digs in at the Nats as well. "Who has a rivalry with them? Surely it can't be baseball related. Maybe they're mad because DC stole the nations capital?"

JABEE

Ryan Braun has claimed a lot of things, being "old school" is one I do not recall. Being a mouthy brash douche? Totally.

He got some good digs in at the Nats as well. "Who has a rivalry with them? Surely it can't be baseball related. Maybe they're mad because DC stole the nations capital?"
I agree. It was stupid to admit it.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom