• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

padresnats.png

Lololol
Bryce Harper, must see phenom.

Just came back from Dodger Stadium. Got my Hershiser bobblehead and the video package they had for him was pretty awesome.

Bills had a bad day. I still don't understand why Guerra is still being called out there.

balddemon

Banned
royals making a run at the division? twins still wallowing at the ass end of the AL central? i got tickets to the all-star game?
no :(

but really, only 4.5 games back. won 4 in a row. what's going on. we're scoring runs. it's like, completely different from the beginning of the season.

ToxicAdam

Not to defend Lawrie, but those were some egregiously bad strike calls.

Although, I can understand the strike 3 call as the ball was tailing back into the plate area.

Not to defend Lawrie, but those were some egregiously bad strike calls.

Although, I can understand the strike 3 call as the ball was tailing back into the plate area.

I thought the strike 3 call was worse than the strike 2 call. And that emphatic last strike call - fuck that shit. hopefully Lawrie will learn to reign it in though. Throwing your equipment at officials simply can't happen.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a Rays fan, but yeah, those were balls. But every player should know that what the Ump says is final, don't start the fights, let your manager do it for you.

h3ro

Just saw Granderson's "home run" and damn, you Yankee fans sure know how to look like crap even at away games!

Interferes and then his friend does the ghetto head shake and yells and laughs at our left fielder. Oh well, we won. +1 for the good guys, -1 for the Stankees

lol

It's still only may jango.

royals making a run at the division? twins still wallowing at the ass end of the AL central? i got tickets to the all-star game?
no :(

but really, only 4.5 games back. won 4 in a row. what's going on. we're scoring runs. it's like, completely different from the beginning of the season.

Hell yeah! Now just imagine if that 12 game skid in April had just been cut in half, 6-6.

RBH

watchespn_icon-150x150.jpg

Comcast and The Walt Disney Company today announced that Xfinity TV customers can now access ESPN live streaming content via the award-winning WatchESPN app, WatchESPN.com and soon on Comcast’s XfinityTV.com at home or on-the-go. In time for the NBA post season, MLB’s regular season, Euro 2012 and the Tennis Grand Slams, customers who receive ESPN’s linear networks as part of their Xfinity video subscription can now stream these events and associated coverage live from ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 and ESPNU from the convenience of their iPads, iPhones and iPod touch devices, as well as online. Also, ESPN Goal Line and Buzzer Beater are available through WatchESPN and XfinityTV.com when those channels are in season. With the addition of Comcast’s Xfinity TV customers, WatchESPN is now available to 40 million subscribers.

The free WatchESPN app includes a simple user interface that takes the current online viewing experience to the high-resolution, Multi-Touch displays of iPads, iPhones and iPod touch devices. Once a user downloads WatchESPN, they will receive instructions to enter their Comcast Xfinity credentials to access their favorite ESPN content on their device. The WatchESPN app is available free on the iTunes Store.

Access on Android devices will follow in the coming months.

Customers of Time Warner Cable Inc., Bright House Networks, and Verizon FiOS also have access to WatchESPN. Its app, available on iPads and iPhones, has been downloaded about 8 million times.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/comcast-and-disney-roll-out-xfinity-app-for-live-espn-streaming/

Should be useful for those Monday, Wednesday, and Sunday night games that air on ESPN.

New York Mets to host 2013 All-Star Game at Citi Field

The New York Mets have been awarded Major League Baseball's 2013 All-Star Game and will host the 84th Midsummer Classic at Citi Field, Baseball Commissioner Allan H. (Bud) Selig announced today at a press conference at City Hall. Commissioner Selig was joined by the Mayor of New York, the Honorable Michael R. Bloomberg, and New York Mets Chairman & Chief Executive Officer Fred Wilpon.

The 2013 All-Star Game will mark the second time that the Mets, who are commemorating their 50th anniversary in 2012, will host the Midsummer Classic. Shea Stadium hosted the 1964 All-Star Game, a 7-4 National League victory that featured 21 participating Hall of Famers, including Hank Aaron, Roberto Clemente, Sandy Koufax, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays and Frank Robinson, as well as MLB's Executive Vice President for Baseball Operations, Joe Torre. It will be the ninth All-Star Game in Baseball history to be played in New York City, which is the most of any host city.

Commissioner Selig said: "As we celebrate the franchise's golden anniversary this year, I am pleased to award the 2013 All-Star Game to the New York Mets and their loyal fans. We are delighted to bring the Midsummer Classic to Citi Field, a wonderful ballpark that has carried on the remarkable National League tradition in New York City. The Mets will be superb hosts to next summer's greatest sporting event."

"Thanks to the efforts of Mayor Bloomberg and Commissioner Selig, it's a great honor for everyone at the Mets to host the 2013 All-Star Game at Citi Field," Wilpon said. "Mets fans and all people in the New York tri-state area and beyond will have the opportunity to take part in the events that Major League Baseball will bring to New York."

"Next year's All-Star Game is going to demonstrate once again that there's no place like New York for world-class sporting events," said Mayor Bloomberg. "Major League Baseball clearly recognizes this, since they're bringing the All-Star Game back to New York for the second time in just five years."

The 84th All-Star Game is tentatively scheduled to be played at Citi Field on Tuesday, July 16, 2013.
untitled-6bkkpb.gif

That looks worse than the shit hole around Nationals Park.
Chop shops fought development for awhile but it has finally been approved. If u needed a cheap part for ur car, this spot is one of the top places to go in city. One of reasons it mite have lasted so long.

LJ11

That entire area is getting redeveloped, throwing up a mall/shops. With the Wilpons troubles, the economy being in the shitter nothings really come of it, but I'm pretty sure that the Wilpons recently inked a deal with the city to get started on a project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom