• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prade

You would think with an ERA of over 10 and a half, you'd be hard pressed to raise it. NOPE not with Mr. Acosta. ERA of 10.97 now lol.

Ilive1up

this is what pisses me the most off about the ny mets. these garbage pitchers that seem to stick around, and actually get playing time. acosta has an ERA over 10. why is he still on the mets? why is he still in the MLB? he's garbage.

the mets better win the next 3 games.

the padres are basically the worst team in baseball, yet the mets struggle against them. joy.

ugh.

Madtown_

Oh man, check out that system and cover art. Lookin' nice. Also, since we're on the topic of David Freese, did you know that in every game he has homered (9 on the season), the Cardinals have won?
Well, that streak is over. What a game that must have been to watch, though.

kRuRq.gif

First Place.

Sharp

At some point in the future, I am going to ask "who is that pitcher who was on his way to a historically wild season in the minors in 2012" and I want one of you tell me "Stetson Allie" so I don't waste two hours figuring it out again. Thank you!

jakncoke

Banned
At some point in the future, I am going to ask "who is that pitcher who was on his way to a historically wild season in the minors in 2012" and I want one of you tell me "Stetson Allie" so I don't waste two hours figuring it out again. Thank you!

I wonder if at some point we can teach this kid some control. Right now in his minor league career he has pitched 26.2 innings. struck out 29.. walked 37

Sharp

I wonder if at some point we can teach this kid some control. Right now in his minor league career he has pitched 26.2 innings. struck out 29.. walked 37
The thing is, when you're as wild as he's been, strikeouts per inning doesn't really mean much because your innings are so extended. He has a single strikeout this year, but it came in 0.2 IP so he's got a K/9 above 9! (also a BB/9 of like 100)

clemenx

Banned
Thinking about Allie, do scouts only masturbate over anyone who can throw upper 90s in HS? Because I remember him being considered unsignable in 2nd round and being a consensus great pick for the Pirates. Everything I read basically gives him no chance of being a starter, I mean if he was going to be that bad the had to be signs! But hopefully he improves for the sake of the Pirates.

Talon

He got into it with Royce Clayton this one time for playing the thong song in the locker room. I smile a little bit inside every time one of these hyper religious people get caught for doing shit like this.
:jnmotherfuckingc
Laurie Alicein Wonderland · Grand Rapids Baptist Academy
God is working in ways that we don't know, and don't understand. This is part of his plan, and I will continue to pray for Chad and his family.
I say this as a religious man: your comment makes no fucking sense, Laurie.

ToxicAdam

Locking up a C, SS, 2B, CF is crucial for any franchise that wants a shot at long-term success.

If you're a franchise that can't attract FA's, you have to take gambles on young players.

Jangocube

Banned
I thought that the O's used to sign lots of FAs.

90's was the time when we spent some cash on some players. The Albert Belle deal burned the O's badly and we really haven't made a big signing in a long time. I loved the Markakis deal at the time, but he hasn't developed into the player they hoped for, but he's been good enough.

The only ones that are hurting the O's now are the Brian Roberts and Kevin Gregg deals. We should have traded Brian Roberts years ago when his value was still top 5 at the position and we should have never, ever paid for a closer.

RBH

90's was the time when we spent some cash on some players. The Albert Belle deal burned the O's badly and we really haven't made a big signing in a long time. I loved the Markakis deal at the time, but he hasn't developed into the player they hoped for, but he's been good enough.

The only ones that are hurting the O's now are the Brian Roberts and Kevin Gregg deals. We should have traded Brian Roberts years ago when his value was still top 5 at the position and we should have never, ever paid for a closer.

I don't really follow the Orioles, but I was wondering how Wieters has been doing since coming up in '09.

I remember after the '06 season, the Braves and Orioles had a deal that would have sent Adam LaRoche and Marcus Giles to the O's in exchange for Brian Roberts and a pitching prospect I think whose name was Hayden Penn. The deal was done, but Angelos vetoed it at the last second because of his boner for Roberts.

O's would have won the deal for three years of LaRoche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom