• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New York Mets
1) Mike Baxter LF
2) Kirk Nieuwenhuis CF
3) David Wright 3B
4) Lucas Duda RF
5) Daniel Murphy 2B
6) Ike Davis 1B
7) Ronny Cedeno SS
8) Rob Johnson C
9) Dillon Gee RHP

San Diego Padres
1) Will Venable RF
2) Cameron Maybin CF
3) Yonder Alonso 1B
4) Jesus Guzman LF
5) Chase Headley 3B
6) John Baker C
7) Andy Parrino SS
8) Everth Cabrera 2B
9) Anthony Bass RHP

RHP Pedro Beato has been promoted to Triple-A Buffalo to continue his Major League rehabilitation assignment, the team announced.

Beato had tossed four scoreless innings, allowing two hits, with one walk and four strikeouts in three games for Single-A St. Lucie.

Beato, who has been out with a right rotator cuff strain, is eligible to come off the 60-day disabled list on June 3
I'd have to think by next week if Beato comes off the DL Mets call him up and Acosta goes bye-bye. The only reason Acosta is still here is Batista has a sore back and can't be the longman. If Chris Young finishes his 4 rehab starts by mid-June (as the Mets hope) and Batista heals within a week, Acosta is GONE.

Injury Report:
* Ruben Tejada ran the bases today, but was so-so. Collins didn’t indicate it was setback, but not a good step forward. Team will continue to bring Tejada along slowly.
* Jason Bay has continued to take batting practice, but ribs are still tender. Collins said Bay will not play defensively until rib is healed.
* Josh Thole should begin catching in rehab games on Monday.
* Ramon Ramirez suffered cramping in his calf last night and is available to pitch an inning tonight.

Alot of roster moves coming up for the Mets, interested in what goes down. Acosta has to be gone by the end of all of it.
Dj Carrasco has been released today.

Nats Lineup:

Lombardozzi LF
Harper RF
Zimmerman 3B
LaRoche 1B
Desmond SS
Espinosa 2B
Ankiel CF
Flores C
Detwiler LHP

I really like getting Lombardozzi and Espinosa in the same lineup, and Lombardozzi over Shark or Nady in LF is great.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Nats - Braves

This is the part of the schedule where the Nats have a chance to really make some hay. Catching the Braves while they're weak (Nats are weakened too, so who gives a shit).

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
So 7 losses in a row coming up.

I think the Nats just doubled up their season total for runs in the first inning.

Ross is susceptible to bad outings; I wouldn't be surprised to see the Braves come back at all.

Encouraged, though, obviously. Ankiel and Zimmerman with extra-base hits sets a great tone.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
RickAnkielSteveLombardozzi.gif

RBH

All-Star catcher Miguel Montero has agreed to a five-year, $60 million contract extension with the Arizona Diamondbacks, according to sources.

Sources said the extension does not include no-trade protection.

Montero, 28, is off to a slow start this season, batting .255 with two home runs and 21 RBIs in 38 games.

The Diamondbacks avoided arbitration with Montero before the season by signing him to a one-year, $5.9 million contract. He hit .282 with 18 home runs and 86 RBIs last season. He was a late addition to the All-Star team after another player withdrew.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7...izona-diamondbacks-agree-60-million-extension

Edit: Beaten.

Dillon, you're a Gee.
MLB-12-The-Show.jpg

Developers of the game are baffled.

"It's not an issue of the beard.", says Ramone Russell of SCEA San Diego. "We have lots of beards in the game. The problem appears to be putting that ridiculous beard on that particular player. The Playstation's CPU is rejecting the beard as illogical and destroying itself to avoid having to render it."

Sony hopes to have the problem resolved by Friday and are urging players to not use Dillon Gee in the game until then. Whether or not Sony plans to compensate players whose Playstations were damaged by Gee's facial forest is unclear.
Gee has been awesome since he got rid of the beard.

Jangocube

Banned
I don't really follow the Orioles, but I was wondering how Wieters has been doing since coming up in '09.

Amazing defense over the last couple of years, offense is finally coming through. Obviously not up to the expectations everyone had for him, but he's finally putting it together.

I remember after the '06 season, the Braves and Orioles had a deal that would have sent Adam LaRoche and Marcus Giles to the O's in exchange for Brian Roberts and a pitching prospect I think whose name was Hayden Penn. The deal was done, but Angelos vetoed it at the last second because of his boner for Roberts.

O's would have won the deal for three years of LaRoche.

Was that one of the deals? Ugh, that would have helped our pitiful 1st base situation at least. Penn was supposed to be great, but was another one of our many failed pitching prospects. Angelos sucks.

ZeroRay

Bell why?

Cishek, bring out your inner Mo again.

Edit: WOO! YEAH!

HEY CISHEK, I JUST MET YOU AND THIS IS CRAZY, BUT HERE'S MY NUMBER SO CALL ME MAYBE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom