• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatural

My Member!
So Constanza is back to hitting .400? Just as everyone expected....

1304376955947.png

Today is the first time since September 30, 2000 that the Mariners scored more than 16 runs when they beat the Angels 21-9. Here was their starting lineup that day.:

1. Mike Cameron - CF
2. Stan Javier - LF
3. Alex Rodriguez - SS
4. Edgar Martinez - DH
5. John Olerud - 1B
6. Jay Buhner - RF
7. David Bell - 3B
8. Joe Oliver - C
9. Mark McLemore - 2B

John Halama was the starting pitcher.

Blast from the past! Olerud, Mclemore, Halama. Old school.

Just read about Jamie Moyer's DFA. He sucked, but still, I wanted to see if he could turn it around.

eznark

Banned
baha, Don Mattingly hurt himself in the weight room and will not be managing the game tonight.

Fuck, this is a huge boost for the Dodgers.

Don't the M's have the record for biggest lead blown? It was in 2000 or so, and the Indians came back from around 12 down in the last few innings. I was watching that game, and remember watching Omar Vizquel, who was with the Indians then, celebrating like the turncoat he was.

Yup.

If the Mariners would have won that game, they'd have the most single season wins in history. But nope, Mariners.

That's an interesting flash vid. The M's took out a few starters once they had the big lead: Gipson replaced Ichiro, Javier for Edgar (PH for DH? lolwut), Sprague for Olerud. Hurts to look at the boxscore.

EDIT: Down by 5 with two out and a man on in the bottom of the 9th? Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom