• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatural

My Member!
Funny how things have turned out so far. The beginning of this year was the worst I've seen the Reds play in years.

Eventually the bullshit has to come to an end at some point. St Louis getting older, some of the guys dominant in the division against us like Wandy or Oswalt move on or don't get the same breaks.

I would still say we're not playing to our potential, still need a left handed bat, still need more consistency, but it's getting there.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Cards lost, Rays lost, some creepy black kid held my hand across the highway. :<

On the plus side I avoided the concert, got some free pizza and ate at Chic-fil-a.

Hellickson really should have stayed in, there'd be a good chance the Rays would have won if Maddon let him finish that inning. But history wrote a different tale.

Also where is the Cardinal offense? We are ties with the Pirates for second in the Central. The Pirates! Blerg.

Second note : Ben Zobrist played some great defense today.

I know I'm way late, but that Santana no-hitter just made me dig my Strawberry jersey out.

Congrats, Mets-Age. Frankman, we'll have to visit Citifield this season. MLB-Age game outing!

What the fuck happened? I turned on the Stanley Cup and suddenly the game is tied at 9??? WTF???

Well, the Reds traded a bunch of prospects including a future offensive MVP for 3 quality starts. Let's just say, sometimes you get what you pay for. Other times. you are the Reds, and you get Volquez and Latos.

TheNatural

My Member!
Well, the Reds traded a bunch of prospects including a future offensive MVP for 3 quality starts. Let's just say, sometimes you get what you pay for. Other times. you are the Reds, and you get Volquez and Latos.

I don't have as much problem with the trade as expecting a San Diego pitcher to come through out of that park, because no one knows what the fuck you're going to get with a San Diego pitcher.

This trade is not looking good though, I don't mind trading those guys to compete, but what the fuck is the point when Chapman could be in that spot tearing it up right now.

I don't have as much problem with the trade as expecting a San Diego pitcher to come through out of that park, because no one knows what the fuck you're going to get with a San Diego pitcher.

This trade is not looking good though, I don't mind trading those guys to compete, but what the fuck is the point when Chapman could be in that spot tearing it up right now.

I've silently been hoping for an injury. I won't say who, though. Nothing serious... just something that will allow the Reds to make the moves they need to make.

eznark

Banned
Revisionist history? You were fucking arguing with me about Latos, not Cueto, being the #1 starter dude LOL.

That was after they got him and some dumb ass rankings came out. Going on performance, Latos was coming off the better numbers.

I argued the trade was foolish because Latos was a ticking injury time bomb and the Padres had been trying to dump him for two years.

TheNatural

My Member!
That was after they got him and some dumb ass rankings came out. Going on performance, Latos was coming off the better numbers.

I argued the trade was foolish because Latos was a ticking injury time bomb and the Padres had been trying to dump him for two years.

Well he's not injured, he's just sucking. And as we see now, a lot of that was Latos' park he was in, which is what I was worried about if he was going to bomb, but he had good road numbers. But I guess in the NL West, it's not like any park is that impending except Coors.

I don't mind giving up those players, because I don't think they're going to be anything more than solid players and they're at positions there are better options at here. If we're going to trade though, at least get something USEFUL out of the trade, so far Latos has been too inconsistent and Chapman would be tearing it up in the rotation right now. Hindsight is 20/20 though I guess and there's plenty of time for him to be a worthwhile starter.

MC Safety

I have to say it: As the season is roughly 1/3rd done, the Amazin' Mets have surprised me.

It's poor form to celebrate misfortune, but losing Pelfrey was a boon for the Mets.

Hammer.gif

Aramis with a left quad strain. SMH

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, there's this highway we cross to get to and from the stadium, free parking on the other side. It's one of those above highway and completely fenced in crossings, but for some reason this kid came out of no where and started talking to my father and I. At the top of the bridge he was saying how he was afraid he was going to fall(just making things up for attention I guess) and held my hand.

I did not return the favor. So I just awkwardly walked with some kid grasping my palm area until we crossed the bridge, at which point he ran down the ramp and pissed on some tree. We made a beeline to the car and promptly drove away. St. Petersburg, what in the hell is wrong with you?

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
dude, don't trust strange kids. You should've pulled your hand away from him. wtf.

He was no older than 7, worst case I would have just thrown him on the highway. But needless to say I did thoroughly scrub my hands clean the second I could.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
was he like homeless or something? Where were his parents?

No clue. There's a park on the other side where we parked and there was a bunch of kids, so maybe he was with them. But there's also a school near it, so he was a student or something. The whole situation was sketch, hence the leaving very fast.

I'm somewhat inclined to believe he was homeless because he told us his mother left him by the highway prior to this meeting, but at the same time he looked relatively clean and didn't smell for someone who's been in that weather for as long as he was "dropped off". But he did ask if we were returning tomorrow...

Who knows! But I'm not coming back anytime this week, so he'll more than likely be gone when I get back.

Also, this all went down right here: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=27.765515,-82.650903&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0&ie=UTF8&z=18&iwloc=A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom