• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbum

Good going Mets and Santana. Just think, if the Braves can beat the Nationals today and the Mets beat the Cardinals, guess who will be in first place? Or tied if the Marlins also win.
It's a miracle I tell you, I wonder if ol' Gil is smiling down from heaven.

Oh my God Evann Roberts was at yesterday's Mets game. He is going NUTS on-air about the no-hitter. I am LOVING this.

photo-31.png

photo-4.png

photo-16.png

photo-32.png

photo-13.png

photo-42.png

SNY will re-broadcast the game today at 12 pm and Monday at 7:30 pm.

Screen-shot-2012-06-02-at-7.04.05-AM.png

JOHAN FUCKING SANTANA

If the Mets start losing after I finally post again in the MLB thread (and on GAF, period), all the Mets fans can blame me, but holy shit I was in attendance for that. HOLY SHIT I AM STILL HIGH AS FUCK OFF OF BASEBALL

RBH

JOHAN FUCKING SANTANA

If the Mets start losing after I finally post again in the MLB thread (and on GAF, period), all the Mets fans can blame me, but holy shit I was in attendance for that. HOLY SHIT I AM STILL HIGH AS FUCK OFF OF BASEBALL

image.php

Welcome back.

WELCOME BACK CAJOLEJUICE!

MetsBlog.com said:
According to SNY’s Matt Dunn, Terry Collins said they will push Johan Santana‘s next start back a day or two.

Collins said changes to the rotation, and possibly using a spot starter, will be determined by how Santana recovers from last night’s outing.

Santana threw 134 pitches in his no-hitter last night.

In addition, Collins said Mike Baxter is with the team’s doctors having his shoulder examined, and is not at the ballpark yet.

Collins said Baxter is in a lot of pain and will receive a CT scan as well as be checked for a concussion.

Baxter was removed from last night’s game after crashing into the wall in left field to preserve Santana’s no-hitter.
Mets have alot of interesting decision coming up. With Jason Bay, Chris Young, Ruben Tejada and Pedro Beato coming up soon they have to make 40-man moves to get Beato and Young here. You can't send Nieuwenhuis down, and the way Baxter was hitting if he's ok you can't send HIM down. Schwinden I can see being taken off the 40-man, but what about Hefner? At what point also do you possibly cut the cord on Miguel Batista?

also:

Believe-It.jpg

FUCK YOU NARUTO

Schwinden just got claimed by the Blue Jays after he was DFA'd.
lol. Wow that takes care of that issue.
Elvin Ramirez injured his hamstring during last night’s no-hitter celebration, and is likely headed to the disabled list, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post.

Ramirez was added to the 40-man roster and activated before last night’s game.
... hope he likes Triple-A, because Beato is now going to get his spot. Ramirez was the guy who took Schwinden's place, Beato will replace him and Tejada will replace either Quintanilla or Valdespin.

JOHAN FUCKING SANTANA

Hey man! Saw ur article on Daniel Murphy's average on Amazin Avenue. Good read!

New York Mets Lineup:
1) Kirk Nieuwenhuis LF
2) Andres Torres CF
3) David Wright 3B
4) Lucas Duda RF
5) Daniel Murphy 2B
6) Ike Davis 1B
7) Omar Quintanilla SS
8) Josh Thole C
9) R.A. Dickey RHP

St. Louis Just Got No-Hit By Johan Santana's Lineup:
1) Rafael Furcal SS
2) Daniel Descalso 2B
3) Matt Holliday LF
4) Carlos Beltran RF
5) David Freese 3B
6) Yadier Molina C
7) Matt Adams 1B
8) Shane Robinson CF
9) Lance Lynn RHP

clemenx

Banned
Ewww fucking mlb extra innings. I don't want the Cardinals feed :(

Oh well I was lucky enough I got SNY yesterday, can't complain.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
See, you mets fans. You have one nice good thing happen to you and now we have to listen to gary cohen wax poetic about the "pain" that was relieved. Just shut the fuck up.

Macattk15

I take it back. US Cellular Field has to be the most retarded HR park in baseball.

Every flyball (or what appears to be a flyball) ends up being a fucking HR.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://www.csnbayarea.com/baseball-...stioned-by-police?blockID=718400&feedID=10850

SAN FRANCISCO – Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval is being investigated by the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Department and faces possible sexual assault charges stemming from an incident that allegedly took place early Friday morning, sources tell CSN Bay Area.

Sandoval did not report to AT&T Park on Friday because he was being questioned by authorities, the All-Star third baseman’s attorney confirmed.

“On Friday, June 1, Pablo Sandoval voluntarily met with the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Department related to a consensual, personal relationship of a sexual nature that took place on that day,” attorney Eric Geffon told CSN Bay Area. “Pablo fully cooperated with the Sheriff’s Department out of respect for the process. We have no further comment at this time.”

Sandoval, who is on the disabled list, remained on schedule to begin a rehab assignment Saturday for Single-A San Jose at Stockton on Saturday, Giants vice president Staci Slaughter said.

The Giants had no further comment.

“Given the off-field nature of the issue, we refer all comment to his attorney,” Slaughter said.

Sources confirmed that the incident took place early Friday morning at the Seascape Beach Resort in Santa Cruz County, but that Sandoval was not a registered guest at the property. Police were not called to the scene but sources say the woman in question later contacted authorities and reported that she was too intoxicated to give consent.

She submitted to a sexual assault forensic evidence kit at an area hospital, sources confirmed.

Sandoval has not been charged and the investigation is ongoing, sources said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom