• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxim726X

http://www.csnbayarea.com/baseball-...stioned-by-police?blockID=718400&feedID=10850

SAN FRANCISCO – Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval is being investigated by the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Department and faces possible sexual assault charges stemming from an incident that allegedly took place early Friday morning, sources tell CSN Bay Area.

Sandoval did not report to AT&T Park on Friday because he was being questioned by authorities, the All-Star third baseman’s attorney confirmed.

“On Friday, June 1, Pablo Sandoval voluntarily met with the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Department related to a consensual, personal relationship of a sexual nature that took place on that day,” attorney Eric Geffon told CSN Bay Area. “Pablo fully cooperated with the Sheriff’s Department out of respect for the process. We have no further comment at this time.”

Sandoval, who is on the disabled list, remained on schedule to begin a rehab assignment Saturday for Single-A San Jose at Stockton on Saturday, Giants vice president Staci Slaughter said.

The Giants had no further comment.

“Given the off-field nature of the issue, we refer all comment to his attorney,” Slaughter said.

Sources confirmed that the incident took place early Friday morning at the Seascape Beach Resort in Santa Cruz County, but that Sandoval was not a registered guest at the property. Police were not called to the scene but sources say the woman in question later contacted authorities and reported that she was too intoxicated to give consent.

She submitted to a sexual assault forensic evidence kit at an area hospital, sources confirmed.

Sandoval has not been charged and the investigation is ongoing, sources said.

Not very panda like.

RBH

Excellent bullpen management this inning. Truly spectacular.

slideshow_1002320604_022112Braves11.JPG

PUT IT IN THE BOOKS!

Mets win 5-0, and get a complete game 7-hit shutout by R.A. Dickey!

his last 3 starts:
1 ER
1 BB
30 K's

EDIT: Mets seven games over .500 (30-23) for first time since July 15, 2010.

ZeroRay

A Bell there was, a Bell, a Bell!
All black and brown, and covered with hair!
The Bell! The Bell!
Oh, come, they said, oh come to the fair!
The fair? Said he, but I'm a Bell!
All black, and brown, and covered with hair!

Thanks for swinging at that Rollins!

TheNatural

My Member!
I knew the STL bullshit wasn't going to keep up. Old ass Beltran hitting like he is 6, 7 years younger, Furcal is still up around .327. 18 innings of no runs now, the law of averages is hitting them hard.

LJ11

Ramon Ramirez is going on the DL, pulled a hamstring running onto the field last night. Baxter out for 6 weeks, collarbone and ribs.

Dickey with 38Ks and 2 walks last 4 games.

Aren't they, like, the same person? No?
Only if you're blind, or used to covering the Yankees.

EDIT: Well that was expected.

Chris Young will make his next start for the Mets, ESPN NewYork.com’s Adam Rubin confirmed via a source.

Young threw six scoreless innings at Triple-A Buffalo on Thursday. Given that, he likely won’t be pitching for the Mets until Tuesday at the earliest.

Young had been rehabbing from shoulder surgery.
Young could slide right into Santana's spot in the rotation.

Macattk15

So. I can throw 100 ... but I think I'll throw a 90 mph slider in the middle of the plate.

God.

edit : That was the 2nd HR Pryor has given up as a pro. Damnit.

gosox333

Ugh, can't believe we blew that lead. Thank god we tied it back, but our pitching in general hasn't been all that good today either..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom