• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroRay

A Bell there was, a Bell, a Bell!
All black and brown, and covered with hair!
The Bell! The Bell!
Oh, come, they said, oh come to the fair!
The fair? Said he, but I'm a Bell!
All black, and brown, and covered with hair!

AdamRubinESPN Adam Rubin
Josh Satin for Mike Baxter (DL) official.
Left-hander Robert Carson from Double-A Binghamton, not right-hander Pedro Beato, is getting the promotion to the Mets to fill the roster spot of Ramon Ramirez, multiple team sources confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.

Ramirez is headed to the DL with a hamstring strain suffered while joining the Johan Santana no-hitter celebration, Terry Collins announced Saturday.

The Carson promotion is a mild surprise in that Beato is eligible to be activated from the 60-day DL today, and Sandy Alderson said a few days ago it was realistic that he would join the Mets at that point. One possible explanation is that the Mets are not ready to clear a 40-man roster spot for Beato, who does not count against that total while he remains on the 60-day DL. The Mets already will need to clear a 40-man spot for Chris Young, who is expected to pitch Tuesday in D.C.

Carson, 23, has logged three innings spanning two relief appearances at the major league level.
Food for thought: For aome inexplicable reason, Caesar Puello and Juan Lagares are on the Mets 40-Man Roster. There is NO CHANCE they would've seen playing time this year. Why are they on the 40-Man, now the Mets are restricted in the moves they can make.

I remember that game the Braves played against the Brewers in Milwaukee in 2010 where Chipper left with an injury. Conrad came in and hit two home runs.

Conrad was incredible to watch in 2010. He always came up with some gigantic clutch hit late in the game. He had two-pinch hit grand slams. I think the playoff game is going to haunt the rest of his career, though. He wasn't the same in 2011, aside from a big 9th inning homerun off K-Rod early in the season. Although, I think Cox had a much better grasp on how to utilize Conrad than Fredi did.

ny_franco1_576.jpg

I cannot believe I still remember John Franco pitching on the Cincinnati Reds, and seen his whole Mets career.

zulux21

yay and the white sox improve to 14 and 2 in their last 16 games.
It's a fun time to be a sox fan right now, hopefully this run continues for a while so they can build up a decent lead before they come back down to earth.

eznark

Banned
Weeks walks on 4 straight after Taylor Green draws a walk so Braun.....swings at the first pitch.

I love him but jesus he is dumb as fuck.

Halladay was supposed to have a press conference on Friday talking about the second opinion he got on his shoulder, but it was cancelled. The Phillies are not releasing the second opinion report from the Mets doctor David Altchek. They are now seeking a third opinion.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Halladay was supposed to have a press conference on Friday talking about the second opinion he got on his shoulder, but it was cancelled. The Phillies are not releasing the second opinion report from the Mets doctor David Altchek. They are now seeking a third opinion.

What? They don't trust a Mets doctor? I can't believe that.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

The Phillies are so weirdly militant in their withholding of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom