• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lose 1 to 4?

JESUS ...

you know, why don't you just goto the NBA thread and root for the Miami Heat? I hear they have some people there who'd welcome you with open arms.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Woah, woah, woah, you can't pull a enron and be a fan of multiple teams.

Uh huh, we'll see when the Yanks win 8-2 against the Rays and then the Mets lose 1-4

oIz7nl.jpg

I will rise above your hate and the Rays will overcome the odds.

G-Fex

Woah, woah, woah, you can't pull a darkside and be a fan of multiple teams.

gosh, you Yanks are strict :\

yeah 1-4, don't you think Nats and Mets are going to be exhausted today?

I wasn't planning on getting into NBA so soon, I don't think they'd like me bugging them.

I wasn't planning on getting into NBA so soon, I don't think they'd like me bugging them.

no KOG, in baseball you have to choose one team only. I mean, it may take many years to settle on one team but once you do, it's for life. all baseball fans know this. through thick and thin, you have to stick to the one team.
what I would suggest is just watch all the teams this year and then see if there is a player that you can root for. (of course I will try to manipulate you to join the Yanquis of course)

Malo

Banned
gosh, you Yanks are strict :

It's not just yankees fans, but the way of all sports gaf with the exception of a few heathens like tabris and darkside.

G-Fex

no KOG, in baseball you have to choose one team only. I mean, it may take many years to settle on one team but once you do, it's for life. all baseball fans know this. through thick and thin, you have to stick to the one team.
what I would suggest is just watch all the teams this year and then see if there is a player that you can root for. (of course I will try to manipulate you to join the Yanquis of course)

*rubs chin*

Okay.

I think Frankman was tsk-ing your rookie mistake of putting the losing score first, which sounds weird and/or suspiciously European.

Anyway, Mets are gonna lose 4-1.

RBH

Diamondbacks Manager Kirk Gibson sat Justin Upton for the second time in four days Tuesday and said more time out of the lineup could be in store for the struggling right fielder.

Upton, however, didn't like the decision and during postgame comments to reporters called his day off "pretty unproductive."

"I sat around and really didn't do much, and I'm still pissed off about the way I'm playing and I'm not playing, so I don't know if it was productive," he said.

Upton went on to say that he expects to play every game, but when asked if he thinks he'll be in the starting lineup tonight, he said this:

"It's hard to expect anything around here. I really don't know. I'm going to come in here tomorrow and wait until the lineup pops up on the screen just like everybody else."

Upton is batting .143 (4 for 28) in his past seven games following a nine-game hitting streak in which he went 13 for 31 (.419) from May 17-26. Overall, he entered Tuesday batting .243 with five home runs and 20 RBIs.

"It's day to day right now," Gibson said of Upton before Tuesday's game. "He's not playing today, he might not play tomorrow. We have an off day the next day. I don't know. But today, I knew I wasn't going to play him.

"I think he's over-thinking. I think he's over-trying. Things aren't coming naturally to him. He's tried a lot. He's a little bit lost in who he really is. And he's really frustrated as you can see."

Gibson suggested one option might be to sit Upton for as many as four or five games in a row. Upton said he hasn't spoken directly with Gibson yet but acknowledged that Gibson runs the team.

"He's going to say what he needs to say, he's the one who makes the decisions around here, and whatever decision he decides to make or whatever he thinks about me, it's ultimately his decision," Upton said.
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...ona-diamondbacks-justin-upton-sits-again.html

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
crop_450x500_GYI0058141018.jpg

KOG don't listen to these people. There is nothing wrong with rooting for more than one team. If it's good enough for Cena it's good enough for anybody.

verbum

If you had told me back on the first of May that the Cardinals would be in third place in the Central and that they would be at .500, I would have chuckled. Well, I'm not chuckling now.

Worst fucking call ever. What, you're not supposed to raise your arms when you slide into second now?

I'm not a Fredi hater by any means, but goddamn, Bobby would still be on the field arguing that bullshit.

edit: LOL DELGADO RBI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom