• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

LOL RIOS
KuGsj.gif

Brinbe

Woo! Great to see Good Morrow show up tonight. Got the brooms ready for the sweep tomorrow, though it'll be a bit tougher going up against Peavy.

Meier

Gonna need the Elias Sports Bureau to tell me how many times a team has scored from a bases loaded walk in multiple innings in one game.

Noesi is such trash.

Same with all Yankee prospects these days. They try to build them up in AAA like Hughes, Joba, Noesi, Betances, Banuelos, some other bums before shipping them off. Teams know to stay clear now and just let these brahs come up with the Yankees so they can humiliate them. Maybe even plant devices in their trampolines and such.

rekameohs

Banned
Nice to get another series win, but uh.... I'll take Justin Upton back in the everyday lineup, Gibson, thanks. Also, Paul Goldschmidt needs to be an All-Star.

McNei1y

This next moth is the decisive factor wether the nats make the playoffs or not. So far they've won the series vs Mets. Should be interesting.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Just found out i get to witness Wang vs Dickey tomorrow/tonight in person. Should be interesting.

Isn't it a 1PM game? I know this because I have to sell my tickets off and not go at a discounted rate.

Damn you, afternoon weekday games.

what? Yankees are 2 games out from best record in the AL. How are the Phillies doing?

Just a few days ago the phillies were 2 games out of first. Neither team is in first in their division, and both divisions are really good. The Phils have also been hammered with injuries, when they get their team back I have no doubt they will be back in first.

Edit: I wanst actually calling the Yankees garbage, more pointing out that it is ridiculous to call the Phillies garbage. It is way to early to tell how things will turn out for either team.

Meier

This fantasy league I'm in uses OPS rather than BA as one of the categories in H2H so I've been sitting Ichiro lately. Dude has hit 3 HRs while on my bench lately!

I wonder if he's finally unleashing this power we hear about.

Meier

A fantasy league that has some sanity? I'm so sick of still using AVG in 2012.

It has a pretty kooky setup but they've been using it for a few years. I always miss the damn draft sadly... but fortunately I had 4 Keepers. Unfortunately a few of them are injured.

The scoring categories are:

R
H
HR
RBI
SB
OPS
W
SV
K
ERA
WHIP
QS

Macattk15

I wish I could fast forward to 2015. The M's future is starting to look a bit brighter. Kyle Seager is awesome. Michael Saunders is finally putting it together. Montero has been decent enough for being a rookie. Ackley hasn't even started hitting yet.

Hultzen has been downright dominate in AA. Same with Walker. Paxton needs to throw strikes but hasn't been terrible.

The M's AA affiliate has 7 players going to the AA All-star game.

Nick Franklin is destroying AA now and I'm surprised they haven't moved him and Hultzen to AAA.

Hopefully Zunino signs and pans out quickly ... I think he will. Jason Varitek when he was younger seems like a very good comp for him.

Now if only I could jettison Blake Beaven and Hector Noesi somewhere ...

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Just a few days ago the phillies were 2 games out of first. Neither team is in first in their division, and both divisions are really good. The Phils have also been hammered with injuries, when they get their team back I have no doubt they will be back in first.

Edit: I wanst actually calling the Yankees garbage, more pointing out that it is ridiculous to call the Phillies garbage. It is way to early to tell how things will turn out for either team.
I'll gladly call the phillies garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom