• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a make-or-break stretch of 6 games for Ike Davis. If he's not producing by the time Mets goto Cincy, there's no way he stays in the ML.

EDIT: I see Jason Bay is standing far away from the plate again. Great.

Haha, Toronto commentators calling Fredi an idiot for hitting-and-running with Prado off Drabek.

"Why would you hit-and-run on a pitcher who has struggled badly in his last few starts and just gave up a lead-off hit?"

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Haha, Toronto commentators calling Fredi an idiot for hitting-and-running with Prado off Drabek.

"Why would you hit-and-run on a pitcher who has struggled badly in his last few starts and just gave up a lead-off hit?"
i was calling him an idiot too.

*sigh*

please throw changeups, Johan. You have no fastball tonight and this isn't Citi Field.
and i'm the one that makes no sense? i'll give you a chance to come up with something better, clearly you have lost your train of thought.

WOOOOOO ADD THIS GREAT MOMENT FRANKMAN, I BEG OF YOU!!!!
158389_o.gif

FRONT

RUN

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

It's a good question. I'm sure DOB will grill him on this issue post-game.

Santana looks completely gassed :(
He's throwing 88-91 on the FB, just horrible location on most of his pitches. Fastball to Cano was down the middle, 2nd HR was a slider that hung up the middle, the Swisher HR was legit: he got a FB on 2-0 and hammered it. But I don't even know what the fuck he threw Jones, it just hung high/up the middle... bad location.

Also Santana has to ditch that slider two innings ago.

not that I'm complaining.
Finally a Yankee fan I can talk serious baseball with.

jman the 5 k's are an indication he's had good stuff at times tonight; he's just wildly inconsistent with location. But you bring up a good point, he seems to have lost control of his new slider (a pitch he tinkered with in Spring Training)

Just like that suddenly he's locating and hitting spots again.

Prade

jman the 5 k's are an indication he's had good stuff at times tonight; he's just wildly inconsistent with location. But you bring up a good point, he seems to have lost control of his new slider (a pitch he tinkered with in Spring Training)

A lot of game left, but Cy Koroda is shutting us down right now. Toss in the fact that we've got a Davis trench and Bay hole in the lineup, it's looking like it'll be a long night.

A lot of game left, but Cy Koroda us shutting is down right now. Toss in the fact that we've got a Davis trench and Bay hole in the lineup, it's looking like it'll be a long night.
side not I'm a little surprised Torres didn't start in center and Hairston got the nod in the OF. Hairston kills lefties and flamethrowing righties, Kuroda isn't either. Plus Torres was a Giant, he's seen Kuroda alot.

jman2050

Oh his stuff is fine. His changeup is nasty as per usual and his fastball is still dangerous. Just bad location on the fastball and the slider has done nothing. That pitch Jones hit the homer on is one of the worst pitches I've seen from any pitcher this year.

you so do not have a spine, can't handle a little trash talking.

Cmon Santana, watch the location. That pitch to Cano was up the middle AGAIN and he fouled it off.

LOL is he challenging him? That fastball looked intentional!
you so do not have a spine, can't handle a little trash talking.
The Frankman
OT's Jimmer Fredette

I don't engage in cheap trashtalk, I rise above it.

Prade

side not I'm a little surprised Torres didn't start in center and Hairston got the nod in the OF. Hairston kills lefties and flamethrowing righties, Kuroda isn't either. Plus Torres was a Giant, he's seen Kuroda alot.

What makes it even more head scratching is that Torres is supposedly a better lefty hitter. Kind of blows that we don't have that ace up our sleeves with him(Great Scott) coming off the bench now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom