• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Fucking Dodgers.

eJooX.jpg

He pisses you off and that's more than enough reason for me to want him to stay.
I'm an equal opportunity Triple L hater. You should stop by the NBA thread sometime and observe the Miami Heat Triple L's.

Besides, I don't hate him per se, I fear what he could do to this thread.

YOU WERE WARNED.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/45135/matt-cains-perfect-game-best-ever

• Cain increased his velocity as the game progressed. While he maxed out at 93 MPH and threw three fastballs less than 90 MPH over the first six innings, Cain threw two fastballs at 94 MPH in the last three innings. He didn't throw a fastball less than 91 MPH in the 9th inning.

• Cain used the fastball with success to all locations, throwing 66 heaters at an average velocity of 91.6 MPH (fastest of the season). Cain changed eye levels with the pitch, gaining at least eight outs in each vertical location.

The home plate umpire for Cain’s perfect game was Ted Barrett. Barrett was the home plate umpire for David Cone's perfect game on July 18, 1999. He’s the first home-plate umpire in a pair of perfect games in MLB history.

The 3rd base umpire for this perfect game was Brian Runge, who was also the home plate umpire for both Humber's perfect game on April 21 and the Mariners' combined no-hitter last Friday.

xbhaskarx

I dislike the Giants but tonight I am happy... that I talked all the Gnats fans out of bidding against me on a baseball autographed by 21 year old Matt Cain at my law school's annual charity auction (I told them Cain's win-loss record was bad lol)... I will place the Cain ball behind my tickets from Dallas Braden's Mothers Day 2010 perfect game.
Of course Braden got his against the AL East winning Tampa Bay Rays, not at night, facing pitchers (why does such a thing still exist?), against an Astros team that had the worst record in baseball last year, but with this and their improbable World Series win powered by Cody Ross it's nice to see the SF Giants finally get some history after 55 years in the bay area....

Jesus I can't believe how much Matt Can bullshit casuals are posting on my Facebook news feed. Throwing a perfect game against the Astros is like giving up 4 runs to a decent team.

Was the game so amazing that it might be considered best pitched game ever?

Mike and Mike had a discussion about best pitched game ever today and they said Wood's 20 k game was better, he only gave up 1 hit and it was an infield single, plus he had 6 more strikeouts and they felt he was more dominant overall.

newjeruse

Woods game will go down as the best ever. The best stuff I've ever seen a pitcher have was Pedro Martinez's 17 strikeouts game against the Yankees.

Mike and Mike had a discussion about best pitched game ever today and they said Wood's 20 k game was better, he only gave up 1 hit and it was an infield single, plus he had 6 more strikeouts and they felt he was more dominant overall.

Yea, I thought of Wood's game too. Just saw a headline on ESPN saying it was best ever. Bout to watch the game on MLB.tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom