• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux

Banned
[KoRp]Jazzman;36687195 said:
Talk about jinxing it... Kelly Johnson is about to unload all up in this, just you watch

I feel terrible now. But Jinx? I should have known with Perez. New year and all.

calder

I take it back Edwin!!

jonahkeri
Vinnie Pestano fantasy owners are warming up their evil cackles as we speak.

jonahkeri
Chris Perez's Ninth Inning Apocalypse is my favorite new indie band.

Lmao I just hit the old FA market in my Yahoo league. Pestano's available!

Brinbe

Damn, thought that was gone.

And
KuGsj.gif
at me having Perez in fantasy. Good lord, there goes ERA/WHIP this week.

calder

Hardest thing about being a Jays fan is training myself not to be instantly dismissive/mocking of the fellow fans I recognize as Leaf fans while reading the MLB threads. Takes me a couple of weeks.

Even if the Jays lose. Lots of good in this game. Romero settled down. Bullpen held it. Lots of fight in the Jays hitters. I'm satisfied

calder

jonahkeri
Chris Perez has had exactly one season where he hasn't been a replacement-level player. Forget MLB games. He shouldn't be closing a Denny's.

williamfleitch
@jonahkeri Though I nevertheless suspect he has in fact closed several Denny's.

And... zing. I did pick up Pestano, hope he pans out.

Oh man I bet Jays instantly lose here and all this does is screw Masterson out of a deserved win.

Oozer3993

Manny Acta is an atrocious game day manager. There was NO reason to bring in Perez and bunting in that situation is idiotic on so many levels.

Doytch

im too lazy to look it up, but I think P(runs) in that situations would have been maximised by bunting. On 2nd w/ 0-out vs 3rd w/ 1-out, right?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
im too lazy to look it up, but I think P(runs) in that situations would have been maximised by bunting. On 2nd w/ 0-out vs 3rd w/ 1-out, right?
i think 3rd and 1 out maximizes your chance to get 1 run, less overall runs though.

calder

Damn, i think that was the Jays shot. On the plus side, work's over and it's a 4 day weekend. Woohoo! Gonna watch a lot of baseball tomorrow.

Pollux

Cueto is looking REALLY good today. Hope he stays healthy this year.

Edit: as soon as i type that he gives up the double. same as when I said the reds looked sharp earlier, and about 10 seconds later votto got picked off. I need to stop complimenting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom