• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know what sucks though? I LOVE the sox, and I hate our team. I hate beckett and his shit attitude. I hate john lackey's ugly mug and his crap attitude.

Hell I love David, Youk, Pedroia, Ellsbury, but man .... it's hard to like this team when I think about 04 : (

At least in MLB the show I am first place with them, and got David Ortiz at 36 homers in middle of july. Fuck it!
Yeah, that's what been a bit depressing the last couple of years. They are just a pretty unlikable team, even when playing well. And it feels like players who come in to the team get sucked into it. Gonzalez and Crawford look like they've lost their will to live half the time. You get the feeling half the time a lot of the team would rather be somewhere else. The vibe has just been wrong for awhile.

Riggs

Banned
I PM'd the guy asking about blackouts. Let me just say it, hope I don't get banned. Use a proxy. You paid for the service honestly, there is nothing wrong or illegal imo about using a proxy to get around that crap rule.

Riggs

Banned
It's not on Fox here though. KC v LAA here.

Does not matter Fox owns the rights to all saturday games before 7PM eastern. Meaning fox may have KC V LAA playing in your area, even though the national schedule could be two other teams. They play specific teams for each area of the country, which makes the entire thing more ridiculous! Sorry to cry I just know how mlb.tv is expensive and it always has pissed me off.

dubc35

Yeah it's pretty lame. I can see every reason for blacking out the game where it is shown on Fox but I don't see the rationale for blacking out a game I can't watch anyway. I can see it from Fox's point of view that they paid for the rights to games in that time slot but still. I'll see if I can figure something out.

TheNatural

My Member!
Does not matter Fox owns the rights to all saturday games before 7PM eastern. Meaning fox may have KC V LAA playing in your area, even though the national schedule could be two other teams. They play specific teams for each area of the country, which makes the entire thing more ridiculous! Sorry to cry I just know how mlb.tv is expensive and it always has pissed me off.

All these blackout rules and costs are ridiculous when MLB was supposed to be the most fan friendly sport, now it's about who has rights and nickel and diming people. You would think with the way the NFL is curb stomping the game in appeal, they would be a little more concerned about this. In their next TV deal they need to sit down and focus on making the game more fan friendly, not the highest bid wins.

Riggs

Banned
All these blackout rules and costs are ridiculous when MLB was supposed to be the most fan friendly sport, now it's about who has rights and nickel and diming people. You would think with the way the NFL is curb stomping the game in appeal, they would be a little more concerned about this. In their next TV deal they need to sit down and focus on making the game more fan friendly, not the highest bid wins.

100% man. Not sure what they are thinking, or if they are even thinking. Every year it's the same.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Yeah it's pretty lame. I can see every reason for blacking out the game where it is shown on Fox but I don't see the rationale for blacking out a game I can't watch anyway. I can see it from Fox's point of view that they paid for the rights to games in that time slot but still. I'll see if I can figure something out.
yep i don't mind blackout rules when my local cable service shows the game or channel like Fox has it. But sadly it doesn't work that way. I am blacked out from Rangers, Astros, Cardinals, and Royals games. I think my cable service has Astros games on Fox Sports Houston. Can't get any of the other channels. And then there is Fox which chooses 3 to 4 games to broadcast and only shows one in your region and blacks out the rest.

I don't see it changing anytime soon either.

Riggs

Banned
Hey guy's I feel so dumb, but how do I make it so I just receive emails when this specific thread gets new replies? I am under subscriptions, I click the check box, but I don't see anywhere to save it. Reload page and it's unchecked, just became a member so I am still ultra noob : (

Got default subscription mode set to instant email notification too =/

TheNatural

My Member!
Hey guy's I feel so dumb, but how do I make it so I just receive emails when this specific thread gets new replies? I am under subscriptions, I click the check box, but I don't see anywhere to save it. Reload page and it's unchecked, just became a member so I am still ultra noob : (

Got default subscription mode set to instant email notification too =/

You want a new e-mail everytime someone responds in here? Do you want a hundred e-mails or more a day?

Doytch

The rule's always been that any games broadcast while fox is showing a weekend game are blacked out in the US.

e:late as fuck, whatevs

Riggs

Banned
You want a new e-mail everytime someone responds in here? Do you want a hundred e-mails or more a day?

Sounds dumb I admit, I just want to see if it works. I'd probably turn it off lol, but was wondering what I am doing wrong.

Edit : Fucking 0-9, wow.

I need to find a new team that his good charisma to play in MLB The Show, any suggestions? (Serious)

Just got home to hear Dirks is 2-4 today after that last hit and the Tigers are up 10-0? Holy shit. Who pitched for the Sawx today? And I guess Fister had a good outing?

Riggs

Banned
Brutal. Anyone aware of a team that gets along well in real life and is at least decent performance wise? Kind of want to change things up in this game not sure who to go with.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Yay, Brewers put an offense together. These Fox announcers still won't shut up about how bad we suck without Prince though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom