• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Listening to the radio broadcast yesterday made me miss Skip even more.

Skip would've torn into these assholes for laying off on fastballs the entire series.

Has any team in the history of baseball pissed on its fans as much as the Marlins have this year?

Never. I'm serious. Besides packing up the team and leaving, I can't think of any team that has long term plans of staying in a city fucking up any worse.

Enron

Banned
My head still cant wrap around no skip on the radio when I listen to the Braves. It's like I'm listening to another team's broadcast crew doing a braves game.

Talon

My head still cant wrap around no skip on the radio when I listen to the Braves. It's like I'm listening to another team's broadcast crew doing a braves game.
I know that feel, bro.
kmQI8pD9.jpg

"Angel Hernandez is behind the plate, so you know what that means, folks!"
"Joe West is squeezing that strike zone more than usual."
"You don't know what a slider is? I can't talk with you."
"A fan from Macon nabs that foul ball."

Man, I really was hoping the Mariners-Rangers game would be nationally televised. Wanted to see Davish pitch tonight. Guess I'll have to settle for Brewers-Cubs =(

RBH

I know that feel, bro.
kmQI8pD9.jpg

"Angel Hernandez is behind the plate, so you know what that means, folks!"
"Joe West is squeezing that strike zone more than usual."
"You don't know what a slider is? I can't talk with you."
"A fan from Macon nabs that foul ball."
Miss this the most. :(

hagaf22

Neo Member
Man, I really was hoping the Mariners-Rangers game would be nationally televised. Wanted to see Davish pitch tonight. Guess I'll have to settle for Brewers-Cubs =(

Directv is still offering the free preview of the MLB ticket thing, thats how I'm catching the game tonight.

McNei1y

The 3-0 Mets are going at it with the 2-1 Nationals. Exciting times!

Over/Under on at bats when Werthless gets his first hit?

Absolutely not.

Well, when the bandwagon teams come in town they can be, but otherwise no, tickets sales have been dropping every year for quite sometime.

See, Yankees must be in town.

Nice. The stadium looks amazing on TV and I cant wait to see it in person. I know this summer I am going to see a Phils Nats game and I am hoping to also catch an Orioles game. I went to Fenway years ago and it was such an amazing experience.

Enron

Banned
Miss this the most. :(

Powell, Sutton, Chip, and Joe occasionally do it as well.

The thing I miss the most about Skip is back in the late 90s when the Braves Radio Network made him do that ridiculous pregame call-in show where fans would ask stupid questions and skip would answer them in the most crotchety fashion or just downright berate the caller. It was glorious.

I ran the board from 3-7pm for nearly 4 years for the Athens, Ga Braves affiliate so I always drew the Braves pregame.

Jangocube

Banned
Nice. The stadium looks amazing on TV and I cant wait to see it in person. I know this summer I am going to see a Phils Nats game and I am hoping to also catch an Orioles game. I went to Fenway years ago and it was such an amazing experience.

It really is a beautiful stadium. Remember to get a crab cake and some fries with Old Bay on them =)

Macattk15

bleh, I don't have Directv anymore because their customer service was the worst. Thanks though. Might drop by a bar to catch it

Do you have regular cable that offers MLB Extra Innings? Sometimes they do free games for the first two weeks of the season or something as a trial ... look into it as I am unsure if they are doing it, just a suggestion.

Chuck

Still without luck
It sucks being an Orioles fan in southern California. I only get to see them play in Angels in 2 weeks for 1 three game series and then that's it. But hey, maybe I'll go back to Baltimore sometime this summer for a game and I'll definitely go back for the playoffs and World Series to see them win it. ;)

McNei1y

It sucks being an Orioles fan in southern California. I only get to see them play in Angels in 2 weeks for 1 three game series and then that's it. But hey, maybe I'll go back to Baltimore sometime this summer for a game and I'll definitely go back for the playoffs and World Series to see them win it. ;)

Get that mlb.tv package!!

I think I'm going to that Angels - Orioles game since I'll be in California for a few days during that series. I'm looking forward to LAA's park.

Chuck

Still without luck
Get that mlb.tv package!!

I think I'm going to that Angels - Orioles game since I'll be in California for a few days during that series. I'm looking forward to LAA's park.

I have it! But I still miss the smell and sounds of Camden, the taste of Boog's pit beef and the silence of those annoying Yankee and Red Sox fans when the O's manage to squeak out a defeat.

McNei1y

I have it! But I still miss the smell and sounds of Camden, the taste of Boog's pit beef and the silence of those annoying Yankee and Red Sox fans when the O's manage to squeak out a defeat.

:\

I guess sometimes I forget how lucky I am to live near the ballpark.

Do you have regular cable that offers MLB Extra Innings? Sometimes they do free games for the first two weeks of the season or something as a trial ... look into it as I am unsure if they are doing it, just a suggestion.

Rocking out with Dish Network right now, which surprisingly doesn't have a free preview of MLB ticket. Its ok, though, might give me an excuse to get drunk on a Monday

Jon

Does anyone else ever feel like, "I wish [X team] had managed to win yesterday, because they are due to win a game, and I don't want them to win today."?

Because as soon as the Marlins coughed up that game yesterday, I had a sneaking suspicion they'd beat us today.

There is zero logic behind this, and yet, it's something I end up doing with all sports teams.

Doytch

Over/under on dives into 1st base: 1.5. I've got the over.
You think he'll put the ball in play twice? You must be taking the over on 11.5 innings played, also.
Does anyone else ever feel like, "I wish [X team] had managed to win yesterday, because they are due to win a game, and I don't want them to win today."?

Because as soon as the Marlins coughed up that game yesterday, I had a sneaking suspicion they'd beat us today.

There is zero logic behind this, and yet, it's something I end up doing with all sports teams.
Your suspicion should've been predicated on the Marlins likely getting more than three hits, unlike the Phillies.

They stumbled out of the gate but they showed they can score runs so I am not worried. Your team sucks though, you should totally panic.

No need to panic at all. The pitching has been great so far, and they are bunting and doing the little things. Pirates always beat the Phils at home. The Phils offense will be fine, they almost scored as many runs as the Brewers last year and that was with braun roiding and Prince on the team.

eznark

Banned
No need to panic at all. The pitching has been great so far, and they are bunting and doing the little things. Pirates always beat the Phils at home. The Phils offense will be fine, they almost scored as many runs as the Brewers last year and that was with braun roiding and Prince on the team.

Braun passed his shit to Hart, all is good!

hagaf22

Neo Member

try being a mariners fan in arizona...

Riggs

Banned
Loyal Red Sox fan untill I die. But I just starting playing a season in MLB The Show as the Reds. Enjoying it quite nicely. Hearing the ball hit the metal poles under the stands as a I hit a homer w/ Votto is great. Also since I ONLY HAVE 16,000 fucking people attending home games, I can hear the home runs so well! I am 3-0, these fucking fans better show up!

Macattk15

try being a mariners fan in arizona...

try being a mariners fan in connecticut ... i have to deal with going to yankee stadium and fenway in mariner gear .... the heckling i get ....

i stay up way too late when the M's are playing on the west coast ... which is often ... you'd think one day they will pay me back by winning since they let me down SO hard in 2001.

Taijuan Walker made his first start today, a day after Hultzen got lit up, 5IP 8K 4H 2ER 1BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom