• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
The Braves have lost eight straight games dating back to September. With essentially the same team and personnel (minus Chipper currently).

Given how largely ineffective his play and pre-game speeches were last year - I'd say they're still in trouble.
they also had one of the best records in baseball with that same roster for most of the year too.

bjb

Banned
they also had one of the best records in baseball with that same roster for most of the year too.

I'm not saying they're finished by any means, but it's not looking good.

Much like last years slide - they can't produce runs worth shit.

Hopefully things pick up - I know they've got the Astros soon. I'm going to their interleague series versus the Rays in May. At least one club is looking good so far (my two favorite teams).

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I'm not saying they're finished by any means, but it's not looking good.

Much like last years slide - they can't produce runs worth shit.
if they play like they can they can be one of the better offensive teams in the NL.

Carlbeego

lol

LOLSBURY2.gif

lol omg. He's good for 2 or 3 of these every year.

Meier

Brox with the FILTHY save for the Royals. That was vintage.. came on with men on 1stand second and struck out the next 3 batters.

rekameohs

Banned
AMAZING come from behind victory today! Down by 6 to Matt Cain and the Giants and still managed to sweep.

3-0 to start the season against the main competitor feels great.

Riggs

Banned
As a Red Sox fan I am not sure I can continue with this thread all year long. This is fucking brutality , GOD HELP US ALL.

What I really don't understand is how management and upper management could let the Red Sox go into 2012 like this. I mean it was so obvious that we did not have pitching strength, or a good bullpen. Hell the bottom half of the line up is a different conversation entirely.

This is like going into a hot LZ full of Al Queda Terrorists armed with a 9mm, with only 1 clip. It's going to get fuckin ugly boys.

Puddles

Banned
3-1 is a hell of a lot better than 1-3, but I have the feeling Capuano and Harang are going to cost the Dodgers dearly this season.

aFIGurANT

Just got to remember him failing to catch game-tying triples in right ala ellsbury in that gif, effectively losing a WS, and it all goes away man. Lol @ that gif btw, so good.

hemtae

As a Red Sox fan I am not sure I can continue with this thread all year long. This is fucking brutality , GOD HELP US ALL.

What I really don't understand is how management and upper management could let the Red Sox go into 2012 like this. I mean it was so obvious that we did not have pitching strength, or a good bullpen. Hell the bottom half of the line up is a different conversation entirely.

This is like going into a hot LZ full of Al Queda Terrorists armed with a 9mm, with only 1 clip. It's going to get fuckin ugly boys.

Dude, I'm suppose to be the overreactor here. The red sox played three games against one of the best teams in baseball. In the off-season we didn't have the money to go after some of the bigger free agents especially with the management turmoil and we did add some to the bullpen. Just relax and learn to love the Bobby Valentine show and leave me to play chicken little.

Redux

Banned
How do you guys stand listening to Francona?

It doesn't sound like a southern jaw, but almost like he has a mouthful of buttered toast, just doesn't stop chewing even for a min.

Parch

Plays like the Ellsbury gif is what's great about baseball. You get more of that in April when teams are not at the top of their game yet. Baseball is the best sport for bloopers.

I used to watch a lot of triple-A and you wouldn't believe some of the bloopers. It's an absolute crime most of that gold was never caught on video.

Riggs

Banned
Dude, I'm suppose to be the overreactor here. The red sox played three games against one of the best teams in baseball. In the off-season we didn't have the money to go after some of the bigger free agents especially with the management turmoil and we did add some to the bullpen. Just relax and learn to love the Bobby Valentine show and leave me to play chicken little.

Alright alright fair enough, but I still got that feeeeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom