• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

So Terry Collins did an in-depth interview in NY about the plans for the Mets:
- Jon Niese is the team’s ace and likely to be the Opening Day starting pitcher.
- Ike Davis will get twice as many at bats during Spring Training than he got last year.
- Lucas Duda could be part of an outfield platoon.
- Ruben Tejada is currently the front runner at shortstop.
- Travis d’Arnaud proved himself to the pitching staff last season.
- Curtis Granderson will protect David Wright in the batting order.
1) Wha? Niese over Colon?
2) Ehhh whatever.
3) WHAT? No he sucks in OF!
4) Yeah nice.
5) Huh? No!
- Juan Lagares and Chris Young will compete for center field in Spring Training.
NOOOOOOO_zpse3b2221b.gif

This is clearly the result of not being able to trade Davis.
Sandy is so afraid of Ike Davis turning into the next Chris Davis it's not funny. Plus Hudgens has so much faith in Ike it's silly, I've heard "he's real close" so many fucking times from him. I'm still not happy Tejada is unopposed at SS, I hope Mets sign Bonifacio just to push him at least. Mets need more speed.

BFIB

Now that the SuperBore is out of the way, time to bring on Pitchers/Catchers reporting.

Baseball is
almost
back!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Now that the SuperBore is out of the way, time to bring on Pitchers/Catchers reporting.

Baseball is
almost
back!
almost time to start saying "spring training is taking too long, start the season already!"

BFIB

With a lot of potential targets still out there, I'm guessing we'll see a lot of activity over the next few weeks.

calder

TSN Lands Media Rights to MLB’s Marquee Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday Games

TORONTO (February 3, 2014) – Canada’s Sports Leader announced today it has acquired media rights for Major League Baseball’s (MLB) marquee Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday night games through to 2021. TSN platforms will broadcast 75+ live games per season – tripling the network’s current slate of MLB games.

With the new deal TSN retains rights to ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball and, for the first time, acquires rights to ESPN’s Monday NIGHT BASEBALL and WEDNESDAY NIGHT BASEBALL. In addition to the live games, TSN also acquires rights to ESPN’s flagship baseball show Baseball Tonight, along with a comprehensive package of MLB digital content.

“ESPN’s Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday Night Major League Baseball games have become appointment viewing for baseball fans across North America,” said Stewart Johnston, President of TSN. “We are delighted to expand our schedule and give Canadians world-class baseball coverage with some of the biggest games in Major League Baseball each week.”

TSN’s baseball coverage will feature ESPN’s acclaimed MLB production which includes SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL, helmed by veteran Toronto broadcaster Dan Shulman along with analysts John Kruk and Curt Schilling and reporter Buster Olney.
-etc

Sweet. I'm interested in Baseball Tonight actually, sure the ex-players are agonizing but proper baseball highlights every night would be sweet.

Top Bottom