• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

eznark

Banned
No but this season he'll be wearing a half-blue, half- white jersey to really stick it to those old timers.

1891299_10152568787528508_204582109_n.jpg

I see. He is on the McGwire weight gain plan. Guess he isn't afraid of needles.

clemenx

Banned
Cuba getting totally exposed in the Caribbean Series as they've been in the WBC.

They may have some Cespedes and Puigs but as a whole are closer to being amateur.

You can't reassign Jenny Dell for this. Heidi was doing the same thing but those were considered good Christian relationships. That Boston media....

jakncoke

Banned
I wonder If AJ would take a like 1 yr 7 million or so deal that can escalate into the 13 range with performance boosters. Rotation is looking like it could fall apart at any moment into disaster zone.

Gerrit Cole: Should be solid but what if he has a sophomore slump?

Fransisco Liriano: outstanding year, but could very well been a fluke

Wandy Rodriquez: missed most of the year last year and i havent read anything that states he healthy even after starting only 12 games. just that he should be healthy by spring training. that leaves me with a lot of doubt

Charlie Morton: since becoming roy halladay jr. it pretty much saved his career, but he still is a injury plague. He has never had a 30 start season

Jeff Locke: 2nd half was so brutal that im not even what happens with him. Fell straight off the cliff like James McDonald the year before after a nice 1st half

Edwin Volquez: Maybe Ray Searage can help him, i dunno

Jameson Taillon: unsure when he comes up, only has 6 AAA starts atm

Sanjuro

Why do I get the feeling they will all of a sudden bring up Jenny Dell's prescription drug problem?

You can assign blame to the media for a ton of stuff around here. This doesn't seem like one to do so. She is still employed by NESN and on the channel currently. Only difference is we won't see her interview grandma in the crowd and get wet during clinching victories.

Malvingt2

Kevin McAlpin ‏@KevinMcAlpin
#Braves avoid arbitration with Jason Heyward, agreeing to a two year deal running through 2015. Financial terms were not released.

One down, two to go.

Malvingt2

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman
Heyward's 2-year deal is worth a guaranteed $13.3 million. It includes award bonuses and performance bonuses that could raise his '15 salary

I like the deal.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Kevin McAlpin ‏@KevinMcAlpin
#Braves avoid arbitration with Jason Heyward, agreeing to a two year deal running through 2015. Financial terms were not released.

One down, two to go.
13.3/2. Good deal. Doubt they avoid arbitration with the other two.

Doubt they'll be able to agree with Kimbrel on anything. They were very far apart. I could see the Braves having to trade him after 2014 :(

Malvingt2

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
Freddie Freeman and braves agree on extension. @Ken_Rosenthal and @jonmorosi 1st reported close.

done deal. Now we need details..

Malvingt2

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Freddie Freeman’s extension with Braves will be for huge dollars. One source told me it is in $100 million range. @FOXSports1

Oh shit!!! He is getting paid!!

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Freddie Freeman’s extension with Braves will be for huge dollars. One source told me it is in $100 million range. @FOXSports1

Uhhhhh, what? The Braves spending money? My team? Does not compute (though it might be why they were so quiet in free agency).

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Definitely made the right call in locking Freeman up long term instead of Heyward.
They tried to lock up both actually. This just signals that the Braves and Freeman had a more similar idea of Freeman's value than what was discussed between the team and Heyward.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

happy extension day

not sure if i like the sound of this

Malvingt2

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
One source said Freddie Freeman's extension could be as much as $125 million over eight years when it is done. @FOXSports1

8 years.. wow

Talon

24-year-old left handed first baseman coming off a 5 WAR seasons signed to an 8-year contract for the same amount Philly paid Ryan Howard for 5 years.

Me gusta.

Top Bottom