• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

3N16MA

Banned
How can that Pirates cap exist in 2014?!

So fucking racist.

They should use one of these guys:

lza5RNw.jpg

Zep

Banned
ok, compare their first three to five years then.

Eznark didn't want to do that(because he would have to retreat to his Billy Beane for dummies book) and why he was being difficult with Yankeehater. But just for the LOL's.

First 3 years in the big leagues:

Howard:
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/howarry01.shtml#2006-2008-sum:batting_standard

Freeman:
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/f/freemfr01.shtml#2011-2013-sum:batting_standard

Eznark didn't want to do that(because he would have to retreat to his Billy Beane for dummies book) and why he was being difficult with Yankeehater. But just for the LOL's.

Howard:
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/howarry01.shtml#2006-2008-sum:batting_standard

Freeman:
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/f/freemfr01.shtml#2011-2013-sum:batting_standard

Thank you. I had no idea how to do that with the first 3 years pop out but that is perfect. I never even said it was a bad deal or even tried to compare them. For some reason Braves fans wanted to compare them.

Malvingt2

Curt Schilling diagnosed with cancer Man he has really hit a bad stretch hopefully it works out okay for him and his family.

sad news...

about the Jersey.

David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves
#Braves will wear the white home uniforms during week, creme-colored on weekends, and red military-themed jerseys for 5 home games.

David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves
#Braves are dropping the red home jerseys they wore for Friday home games in 2013. Going with the white and the creme uniforms in '14.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
http://www.federalbaseball.com/2014...-every-year-as-tv-rights-dispute-with-orioles
The two sides failed to reach an agreement on the rights fees, however, with the Nationals reportedly asking for around $100-$120M instead of the $34M MASN proposed, as the WaPost's Mr. Wagner reported last winter, and in spite of MLB's intervention, the issue remains unresolved to this day.

MLB Commisioner Bud Selig addressed the dispute at last summer's All-Star Game, telling reporters, as quoted by the Baltimore Sun's Dan Connolly, that the two sides continued to talk:

"'Have spent a lot of time talking to both clubs, and even very, very recently, and we continue to do that and hope that we’ll have some type of resolution and we’ll continue to work at that,' Selig said. 'Really, it’s been a difficult situation but I’m always hopeful that we can work out a resolution and we are working on that right now.'"

The dispute, however, as Selig told reporters, is a difficult one to settle. "'Let’s put it this way, it’s not an easy situation to resolve,' Selig said," according to the Baltimore Sun's Mr. Connolly.

According to a report on the Orioles by Grantland writer Jonah Keri this afternoon, Major League Baseball has been compensating the Nationals as the two sides work on the issue in order to keep Washington from taking the the matter to court:

"For now, the MASN status quo remains. The Nationals aren’t completely helpless, though: According to a source close to the Washington franchise, MLB has sent the team an undisclosed sum every year to help bridge the gap, and to prevent the Lerners from taking matters to court, until the deal becomes more balanced."

"At some point I think the [Nationals] in conjuction with baseball [are] going to have to buy [Peter Angelos] out of this deal," author Bruce Schoenfeld told Baltimore Business Journal writer James Briggs on a podcast earlier this winter which discussed a Baltimore Business Journal report on Peter Angelos.

Ummmmmmmm

They better be sending some money Atlanta's way too.

Sanjuro

God. I want baseball now. This Sox HoF announcement has me damn pumped. Maybe they can finally retire Rocket's fucking number this year!

CygnusXS

It hurts because the old reds were my fav. At least they will be wearing the sexy cream colored jerseys more.

New York Post Report: Braves now working on long-term extensions for Andrelton Simmons and Julio Teheran.

I guess they know Heyward and Kimbrel are goners.

CygnusXS

SS are hard to come by. Smart for the Braves to lock up Simmons if they can.
Not that this means anything going forward, but the Braves have excelled in procuring and developing shortstops over the last decade-plus.

Furcal, Andrus, Escobar, and Simmons are the standouts, with Jose Peraza a likely future candidate.

Enron

Banned
New York Post Report: Braves now working on long-term extensions for Andrelton Simmons and Julio Teheran.

I guess they know Heyward and Kimbrel are goners.

Kimbrel yes, not so fast on Heyward. Frank Wren is spending this money now realizing that the new stadium and the development around it will net the team some more spending room. Maybe Hewyard still fits in.

Top Bottom