• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

zulux21

Wonder why they're keeping gameplay under wraps. Only two months out from release.

ideally it's because.

Step 1: keep gameplay under wraps and get people to buy the ps3/psv version in april.
Step 2: show off gameplay after ps3/psv release and blow everyone away to get them to double dip on the ps4 version

:p

Silkworm

So, uhm, should I start getting really worried about how anemic the bats have been by the Dodgers in the pre-season so far... :-\ Or maybe they're just waiting for the regular season? I hope so...

ideally it's because.

Step 1: keep gameplay under wraps and get people to buy the ps3/psv version in april.
Step 2: show off gameplay after ps3/psv release and blow everyone away to get them to double dip on the ps4 version

:p
I get that but we still haven't seen much other than some shots. Makes me worried.
So, uhm, should I start getting really worried about how anemic the bats have been by the Dodgers in the pre-season so far... :-\ Or maybe they're just waiting for the regular season? I hope so...
I wouldn't get too hung up over spring training. Everyone looks terrible.

Naw. I wait until the dust settles as far as the new consoles go. I'm not feeling the new Xbox OS and the NSA kinect add on. I'm also pissed that Sony decided to tie MP to PS+.

You can unplug the kinect if it bothers you, and the OS on the XB1 is great because everything is laid out in titles you dont have to scroll through a list of 30 things to find the thing you want. You also can pin what you want. I actually liked the way the XB1 is laid out even better then the way that the 360 was. I think people just didnt like that it was different at launch, but once you mess around with it for a bit you see that it is much quicker to find the things you want.

eznark

Banned
Bryce Harper's hook up.

images

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Bryce is going to be mediocre this year and then next year we're going to hear about how he was "too big."

eznark

Banned
I get why he would want to juice. That wall fucked him up last year and he played terrified for months after. This year he is going to run right through that motherfucker.

Enron

Banned
The season really IS over this time.

David O'Brien @ajcbraves
Follow
#Braves Beachy now faces possibility of needing a 2nd Tommy John surgery, too. Will find out more Monday.

Beachy now suspected of having major ligament damage. Atlanta has gone from a 90-win team to lucky to finish .500 in literally a week, and both Beachy and Medlen's careers stand a good chance of being over. This is amazing.

Beachy now suspected of having major ligament damage. Atlanta has gone from a 90-win team to lucky to finish .500 in literally a week, and both Beachy and Medlen's careers stand a good chance of being over. This is amazing.
WOW. Isn't Fister's arm fucked too? NL East man. Fartolo might tear a ligament reaching for a XXL Taco from Taco Bell.

Malvingt2

:(

Time to overpay for Samardzija :)

McNei1y

Middlebrooks is better!

How many rings does Harper have!?

That's not how to show off his success. Rather count the times he loses his helmet when he runs the bases, run into walls in the outfield, breaks bats in the batters box, argues calls with the umpires, and blows kisses to opposing pitchers. That's how you measure Bryce HarpGod success.

The Braves virtually had nothing from Beachy all year last year. He only made 5 starts, so he wasn't even a piece of last year's success. But yeah, this season is already starting ominously. I think calling the Braves a .500 team now because two pitchers are gone though is going way overboard. Let's not forget Medlen was a bit mediocre for the first half of last year too. He was going to get kicked to the bullpen until Hudson got injured. The rest of the division aside from the Nationals blows, so as long as the Braves take care of their own division, they should be alright.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I'm honestly most troubled by how these injuries affect the 2015 rotation. It'll be Teheran, Minor, Wood, and then ??

So right now we're looking at Julio Teheran, Mike Minor (when he comes back from dickhole surgery), Ervin Santana, Freddy Garcia, and David Hale.

Alright.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

well fuck

This sucks, but come on. Still a wildcard favorite.

Subtracting Medlen and adding Santana barely moved them down. Losing Beachy hurts but I agree with you, they're still a clear WC candidate.

Went to Peoria today. Braun got no boos. Lots of cheers. Nightengale am cry

The fans are too distracted by Hank: http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/26668332/v31519717/hank-the-dog-makes-the-team

Looking at them side by side:

images

harper-run-wall-face-blood.gif

The bulk increase is pretty massive. That's quite the transformation.

Top Bottom