• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Sanjuro

Fuck Jacoby. He was a filthy cancer who never did us a fucking thing. Don't stick up for him, Johnny.

Tacoby is a legend though.

El_Chino

He didn't win an MVP award because something something pitchers something.

Stolen bases is a useless statistic. It's like RBIs for white people.
He was first runner up but to say stolen bases are a useless statistic..wow. If they steal bases that means they're closer to scoring runs which means it increases the chances of the team winning.

Well, the fact that the Orioles paid 88 Million for the exact same record that you guys paid 232 million! 88 million for a 85-77 record vs 232 million.

We paid about a million a win while you guys paid almost 3. Hahahahahaha, Stankees.

You sound like an MLB.com message board poster from 2005. I'm surprised you haven't dropped "Skankees".

JCizzle

He was first runner up but to say stolen bases are a useless statistic..wow. If they steal bases that means they're closer to scoring runs which means it increases the chances of the team winning.

Only greater than 75-80% or some shit like that, I forget what the exact break even # is.

JCizzle

Ellsbury had a 93% success rate last year and has a 83% success rate for his career. Dude is an elite base stealer.

Not disputing that at all, he's been very good and likely will be for another few years until the wrong side of 30 catches up to him.

Malo

Banned
Not disputing that at all, he's been very good and likely will be for another few years until the wrong side of 30 catches up to him.
I have no doubt in my mind that this contract is going to be a albatross for the last 2/3 years of the deal.

3N16MA

Banned
Ellsbury should be at par if not better than his contract during the first 3 years. Perhpas at par or slightly below that in the first 4. The last 3 start to sting.

jbug617

Banned
NY Daily News

BanlKSzCUAAmd1n.jpg

DarkFlow

Banned
Bummed out about Ellsbury, but I don't see Boston wanting to drop that kind of cash to keep him. I wish him well, but not too well. Also what happened to the Yankees wanting to shed payroll this year lol.

DarkFlow

Banned
He's 30 and now has a 7 year deal. Did the Yankees learn nothing from arod or any other FA deal ever? We got 2 WS out of him in his prime, I don't see any upside for Boston keeping him.

Edwardo

He's 30 and now has a 7 year deal. Did the Yankees learn nothing from arod or any other FA deal ever? We got 2 WS out of him in his prime, I don't see any upside for Boston keeping him.

Yea we would've had to give him too much money that could be better put elsewhere.

BFIB

Jeff Passan: Teams have now spent $524 million on free agents this offseason. The Yankees account for $238 million of that, or 45.4%.

Jesus Christ.

Sanjuro

How can the Yankees afford all this!? I mean, it's like they have a ton of money to burn!

I wish we could spend that much and compete.

Top Bottom