• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Yankees would trade for Lee, but a huge return in players on top of helping them out by absorbing all that salary? Hell no.

Yep. I don't think Amaro understands how trades like that work, bless his heart. If you're going to ask the other team to assume the salary, you can't really ask for important players in return too.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
@nickpiecoro
Source says the three-team deal is done.

Dbacks will be getting Trumbo and two players to be named later, Eaton to White Sox, Skaggs and Santiago to Angels.

Fucking Hahn

rekameohs

Banned
Man, Towers sure loves shitting away good pitching talent. And it's pretty incredible that Jerry DiPoto stole Skaggs from the Angels, and now stole him to the Angels.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Hector Santiago is seriously the coolest pro athlete ever. No exaggeration. A guy who will sit there and ask you questions about your life like youre the cool guy in the conversation and he genuinely cares. Seriously it's a humbleness that I haven't seen from a pro. He's also big in the community. I won't bore you with that but you can google it (the newtown stuff in particular). Really sad he's gone. Angels got a good one.

Zep

Banned
Yep. I don't think Amaro understands how trades like that work, bless his heart. If you're going to ask the other team to assume the salary, you can't really ask for important players in return too.

Absolute bullshit rumor. Going from re-signing Utley and going after Byrd...To trading your top two pitchers! Yea...right. Ruben may be an idiot, but hes shown the direction hes going.

Hector Santiago is seriously the coolest pro athlete ever. No exaggeration. A guy who will sit there and ask you questions about your life like youre the cool guy in the conversation and he genuinely cares. Seriously it's a humbleness that I haven't seen from a pro. He's also big in the community. I won't bore you with that but you can google it (the newtown stuff in particular). Really sad he's gone. Angels got a good one.

I didn't have te pleasure to meet Hector yet, but everything I've read about him is overwhelmingly positive. I sure hope Adam Eaton is worth it. But all he has to do is catch the baseball and don't make baserunning blunders...
As I typed this Alejandro de Aza was picked off from first base twice.

Sanjuro

To be fair, when I was in New York I ran into more "fans" who watched the Mets primarily. A good portion of the Yankee fans either weren't knowledgeable or just liked wearing the cap.

That being said, they never gave me shit or assaulted me like Mets fans.

To be fair, when I was in New York I ran into more "fans" who watched the Mets primarily. A good portion of the Yankee fans either weren't knowledgeable or just liked wearing the cap.

That being said, they never gave me shit or assaulted me like Mets fans.
You probably were acting like a real Red Sox fan at the time.

Sanjuro

Have you told this story? I feel like you have but I can't remember it.

Told it a while ago I believe. Long story short, was harassed by fans in the stadium. On the way out looking for a cab, a whole separate group of Mets fans just jumped me, shoved me to the ground. There was just some guy with his kid who kind of ran and and told them to fuck off.

I think the only genuinely nice person in that whole cesspool was one of the ushers who called me Fenway every time I went.

Macattk15

BbAmTCsCAAAtm4a.jpg:large

I hope his goatee gives him more powerrrrrrrrrrr.

jakncoke

Banned
Looking over who we could lose on Thursday, its a shame about Stetson Allie, although he can throw 100 and mash homeruns all the rest seem to escaped him like hitting a strikezone..ect

Told it a while ago I believe. Long story short, was harassed by fans in the stadium. On the way out looking for a cab, a whole separate group of Mets fans just jumped me, shoved me to the ground. There was just some guy with his kid who kind of ran and and told them to fuck off.

I think the only genuinely nice person in that whole cesspool was one of the ushers who called me Fenway every time I went.

If you were eating a hotdog without ketchup on it you deserved to be pushed to the ground.

Top Bottom