• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Enron

Banned
The Rangers are building a run scoring machine.

They haven't gotten Choo yet, and there's no indication that they are even close to it. just a tweet from rosenthal about negotiations between choo and several teams reaching a "critical" stage. That could mean anything.

Way to hold him back. How many more millions could you want?

He might be worth more to his club than the 20 million they would collect for posting him. I don't blame the Golden Eagles, I'd keep him too if that were the case.

El_Chino

They haven't gotten Choo yet, and there's no indication that they are even close to it. just a tweet from rosenthal about negotiations between choo and several teams reaching a "critical" stage. That could mean anything.

He might be worth more to his club than the 20 million they would collect for posting him. I don't blame the Golden Eagles, I'd keep him too if that were the case.
If that's the case we probably won't see a lot of great Japanese players anymore sadly enough.

jakncoke

Banned
Is Jeff Passan a write I should pay attention to ? He seems to think Pirates are amongst teams that think they can get a package together for David Price

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Is Jeff Passan a write I should pay attention to ? He seems to think Pirates are amongst teams that think they can get a package together for David Price
No. I mean, he does have some legit sources, but he's also a clown. Believe what you want to believe I guess.

jakncoke

Banned
No. I mean, he does have some legit sources, but he's also a clown. Believe what you want to believe I guess.

Im going to lean on Its probably not the best idea to get Price seeing we'd have no intentions of signing after the 2 years of control is over. So hopefully we arent leaning towards getting him

CygnusXS

Since it seems doubtful that the Braves are going to extend any of their players, I would like to look at the silver lining. They are going to clean up in the 2016 & 2017 drafts with the picks they'll get from losing Heyward, Upton, Medlen, Minor, Freeman and Kimbrel.

Malo

Banned
Since it seems doubtful that the Braves are going to extend any of their players, I would like to look at the silver lining. They are going to clean up in the 2016 & 2017 drafts with the picks they'll get from losing Heyward, Upton, Medlen, Minor, Freeman and Kimbrel.
LOL

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Baby braves of 2024!

turnbuckle

The Tigers signed Rajai Davis to a 2 year deal. Looks to be about 9-10m total.

So glad we didn't go in on Choo. Dirks is underrated and Davis will platoon quite nicely with him.

On paper this team is a step back from a year ago but I like the construction of our lineup and defense going forward more than if we just let last year's lineup roll over. No longer will it be impossible for me to score on a base hit with a man on second in MLB the Show.

Still need to address the bullpen. Would be nice if Benoit backs off his insistence on being a closer to get those closer dollars - him being our 8th inning guy would make our BP look great. Probably isn't gonna happen though.

The Jays should get Price and Choo, the owners can easily afford this

No thanks. I have high hopes for Stroman and Sanchez, and I have no doubt they'd be the first two pieces the Jays would have to give up to get Price. And, knowing how Tampa handles young pitchers, they'd both instantly stop having injury concerns and kill the Jays for the whole second half of the decade.

As for Choo, he'd have to replace Bautista, and that doesn't seem like a massive upgrade.

Right now, I'd just be happy if they did something like Gose and a reliever for Ackley (or some other decent 2B option).

CygnusXS

No thanks. I have high hopes for Stroman and Sanchez, and I have no doubt they'd be the first two pieces the Jays would have to give up to get Price. And, knowing how Tampa handles young pitchers, they'd both instantly stop having injury concerns and kill the Jays for the whole second half of the decade.

As for Choo, he'd have to replace Bautista, and that doesn't seem like a massive upgrade.

Right now, I'd just be happy if they did something like Gose and a reliever for Ackley (or some other decent 2B option).
You can scoff at my suggestion of Dan Uggla if you want, but he was worth 2.5 wins more than Izturis last year.

BFIB

Mo on local radio said that while he's not looking to "make a deal to make a deal", he is going to be listening on offers, if its a deal that he feels can benefit the team.

BFIB

I can't wait to see what the surprise trade will be at the winter meetings. All these moves already done, I have a feeling its going to be a shocker.

Zep

Banned
Yankee_fans061912.gif

He's right. Mets fans, like true New Yorkers, struggle every day through life trying to get out from the misery. But they know that it's not going to get much better, so you cling to the small pieces of happiness you get and grind on. You take the bad hits and you keep on going, working to carve out a place for yourself. That's what living in New York is about.

Yankee fans...

yankee_fan.jpg

or see Zep's post.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I thought true New Yorkers are either Yankees fans or still Giants fans, hate the Dodgers for ignoring their legacy, and laugh at the Mets as a poor stand-in replacement for the teams that left? ;)

I thought true New Yorkers are either Yankees fans or still Giants fans, hate the Dodgers for ignoring their legacy, and laugh at the Mets as a poor stand-in replacement for the teams that left? ;)

Yeah, that's about right.

Some people will make up something about honoring NY's National League legacy by rooting for the Mets, but really it's about hating the Yankees or being from Queens (or both).

I still say the Cyclones should be made the Major League MLB team, and the Mets should be demoted to the minors. :jnc

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Sounds like:

Angels get: Tyler Skaggs, Hector Santiago
Dbacks get: Mark Trumbo, Sox prospect
Sox get: Adam Eaton

As a Sox fan I'm going to go cry now. Pray to the baseball gods more is here.

aFIGurANT

We all know that Jerry Seinfield = the NY model man. What was his team again?

And by the way, Granderson came across as pretty damn likeable in his press conference, I know maybe understand why you would sacrifice a draft pick for the guy.

Malvingt2

Mark Bowman‏@mlbbowman
Fredi called Gattis this week to tell him he would be his regular catcher. There's a chance Laird could see more time than the normal backup

Oso Blanco!!

The Phillies have informed teams that both Cole Hamels and Cliff Lee are up for grabs in trades, but want a huge return AND for the other team to assume the full salary, so don't even bother thinking about it.

Lee has 2 years and $50 million remaining along with a $27.5 million club option in 2016.

Hamels has 5 years and $112.5 million remaining with a $20 million club option in 2019.

Jubs

I think they'll extend Heyward (and Simmons). They'll probably blow their entire budget doing so, but i think they'll get them signed. Not a good look if they let every young talent walk.

Never believe anything that Jeff Passan has to say. If he says something about the Giants know that the complete opposite is 100% true.

Malo

Banned
The Phillies have informed teams that both Cole Hamels and Cliff Lee are up for grabs in trades, but want a huge return AND for the other team to assume the full salary, so don't even bother thinking about it.

Lee has 2 years and $50 million remaining along with a $27.5 million club option in 2016.

Hamels has 5 years and $112.5 million remaining with a $20 million club option in 2019.
I would take on Lee's contract, but there's no way I give up anything more than a B prospect for him.

Top Bottom