• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

To be fair, when I was in New York I ran into more "fans" who watched the Mets primarily. A good portion of the Yankee fans either weren't knowledgeable or just liked wearing the cap.

That being said, they never gave me shit or assaulted me like Mets fans.

Could happen anywhere brah. Never had a problem outside of Citi and i park my car a few blocks from the stadium.

jbug617

Banned
Rosenthal said that the Tigers, Red Sox and Mariners talked to the Dodgers about Matt Kemp this week. He said the Dodgers are willing to eat money for better prospects in a deal.

Morosi said it's probably not likely the Tigers become serious because they would have to move Austin Jackson.

Sanjuro

Could happen anywhere brah. Never had a problem outside of Citi and i park my car a few blocks from the stadium.

Well, lets use this as an example.

I've been to Fenway Park well over a couple hundred times.
I've been to Yankee Stadium over a dozen times.
I've been to Citizen's Bank Park a couple times.

No incidents.

I've been to Shea Stadium a half dozen times.

Only one game without incident.

Well, lets use this as an example.

I've been to Fenway Park well over a couple hundred times.
I've been to Yankee Stadium over a dozen times.
I've been to Citizen's Bank Park a couple times.

No incidents.

I've been to Shea Stadium a half dozen times.

Only one game without incident.
Oh didnt know it was multiple games and it was Shea. Things have changed for the better.

Sanjuro

Oh didnt know it was multiple games and it was Shea. Things have changed for the better.

I was living in Brooklyn and Flushing one year. Worst stadium experience ever. I was within walking distance from the stadium, but due to the highways impossible to walk back. Figured I would take a shuttle there and get a cab back. To drive less than a mile, the least amount of money the cabbies would take was $30-40. It was a sickening experience.

I almost went during that exhibition series against the Red Sox during the stadium opening, but changed my mind at the last minute. Haven't been back to visit any of the new ballparks.

How many of those times were you wearing your Tom Brady jersey?

Zero. I wore my Clemens and Pedro jerseys.

Sanjuro

Wait...You've been to CBP and didn't tell me? That makes my balls swell with rage.

Wasn't a huge fan of the place. Ballpark is great, but I hate being stranded in a fucking industrial area with nothing to do. Never explored Philly. Just hopped on a plane, to the ballpark, back in the same day.

The most notable fan experience there was the guy sitting next to me wasn't stealthily texting "I'm sitting next to a couple of Boston fags". Never gave me any problems or pushed me to the ground calling me one! Was there pretty early and spoke with a fair amount of people about baseball.

Zep

Banned
Wasn't a huge fan of the place. Ballpark is great, but I hate being stranded in a fucking industrial area with nothing to do. Never explored Philly. Just hopped on a plane, to the ballpark, back in the same day.

The most notable fan experience there was the guy sitting next to me wasn't stealthily texting "I'm sitting next to a couple of Boston fags". Never gave me any problems or pushed me to the ground calling me one! Was there pretty early and spoke with a fair amount of people about baseball.

Its a bit better now with Philly Live...but all you'll get there is overpriced food and liquor. Should have let me take you on a trip through North and West Philly.

Sanjuro

Should have let me take you on a trip through North and West Philly.

vVcO2aj.jpg

I went to some restaurant attached to the far right outside of the stadium. Just standard fare, had the local sports radio guys there. Nothing great, but serviceable. Still wanted to wander.

It doesn't matter how much money these teams want to throw around, the A's are getting the division again.

And then subsequently losing in the ALDS.

Sanjuro

Speaking of Moneyballs,

Jack Curry@JackCurryYES
Cashman called Youkilis's agent to gauge interest in returning to Yankees. Youkilis appreciated call, but wants to play near home in Cali.

Beane can get his Greek God of Walks!

Still proud that Boston is the only team to have ever won using Moneyball.

I remember that part in the movie where Brad Pitt told the fat kid from 21 Jump Street "It's so simple and nobody is doing it....all we have to do is give $160 million to the best right handed hitter in baseball"

Sanjuro

I remember that part in the movie where Brad Pitt told the fat kid from 21 Jump Street "It's so simple and nobody is doing it....all we have to do is give $160 million to the best right handed hitter in baseball"

My point still stands!

My favorite part is the ending. When Pitt meets with John Henry, shit on Oakland's Stadium, then Pitt refuses to sign with Boston because he knows he isn't a great GM and we would run him out of town.

Billy is still looking to win that last game. Boston won.

Shipping up to Boston End Credits.

BFIB

Mark Ellis agent met with the Cards today. I'd really like to get him as an option for Wong to platoon or back up.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Sure. Doesn't change that the end of the film proclaims we won using Beane's model.

If it's too much for you, watch the blue collar version with Clint Eastwood!

But Beane looks nothing like Brad Pitt so falsities all around!

JCizzle

but money ball is about winning with a small pay roll...

I'd argue it's equally about identifying undervalued qualities (e.g. all the high OBP guys Beane drafted/signed like that fat catcher they spend half the book describing) and exploiting the market to obtain them, which you can still do with a big payroll!

Blackace

Heyman: Red Sox officially out of Matt Kemp trade talks. Mariners only team still discussing Kemp.

Yes!!!
I'd argue it's equally about identifying undervalued qualities (e.g. all the high OBP guys Beane drafted/signed like that fat catcher they spend half the book describing) and exploiting the market to obtain them, which you can still do with a big payroll!
Fair enough, but I still think it was about small payrolls and undervalued qualities

It's my movie, let me have it. I still have flashbacks of Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore ruining my life.
lol

JCizzle

Why does anyone want Kemp? He's a disaster waiting to happen.

JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm2m
Ned Colletti told us Matt Kemp leg is still in a boot and they are not expecting him to be 100% by Spring Training SXM

Sanjuro

Ned Colletti told us Matt Kemp leg is still in a boot and they are not expecting him to be 100% by Spring Training SXM

Who wouldn't want Kemp? Guy is a fucking stud and Dodgers would be picking up the tab.

Macattk15

He's pretty fucking good when healthy. He's young. Trade value can't be too too high with those injury concerns and contract.

Throw god damn Nick Franklin and Erasmo Ramirez at the Dodgers and see if they take it.

It WAS only 2 months ago he had his ankle surgery.

He played pretty well in the games he came back. Dodgers would also probably pick up most of the contract.

I personally wouldn't want to see him gone from the Dodgers. I feel he's going to have a great season once he's back. He had a spark in the few games he played this season between his injuries.

but money ball is about winning with a small pay roll...

Money ball is about identify market inefficiencies and using them to compete in an unfair marketplace.

Using statistical research was an ends to a means. Of course I haven't seen the movie but I'm sure given the fact that people still don't get what the book was about the movie didn't help. When there are morons like my roommate who think sabremetrics is just about drawing walks, well then I dunno.

Blackace

Money ball is about identify market inefficiencies and using them to compete in an unfair marketplace.

Using statistical research was an ends to a means. Of course I haven't seen the movie but I'm sure given the fact that people still don't get what the book was about the movie didn't help. When there are morons like my roommate who think sabremetrics is just about drawing walks, well then I dunno.

Walks was for whatever reason the stat they kept talking about in the money..

Malvingt2

Ken Rosenthal‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Just saw David Price's agent, Bo McKinnis, in lobby. Asked if Price would consider extension with #Mariners. Said no. MORE

Asked McKinnis if Price would consider extensions with other teams. Said yes. Asked which clubs. He declined to answer.

McKinnis' comments do not rule out a Price trade to #Mariners. Price under club control two more years. M's would have him for that long.

Wow Mariners should just forget about him.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw David Price's agent, Bo McKinnis, in lobby. Asked if Price would consider extension with #Mariners. Said no. MORE

Asked McKinnis if Price would consider extensions with other teams. Said yes. Asked which clubs. He declined to answer.

McKinnis' comments do not rule out a Price trade to #Mariners. Price under club control two more years. M's would have him for that long.

lol.

Yep. Yep. Yep crazy to see how things go down. Texas Rangers come on down!

Its amazing that a year ago that Dayton Moore would give Billy Beane Will Meyers for Anderson straight up. I think Green and Gold can vhange Drew Pomeranz for the better.

Top Bottom