• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 3m

Rangers, Blue Jays agreed on deal sending Sergio Santos to Texas but another player failed physical, sources tell @Ken_Rosenthal and me.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 2m

At that point, deal fell apart. This happened about 2 weeks ago. Sources say this was a 3-way deal.

I wonder who failed

Kind of astounding that it wasn't Santos who failed a physical.

Macattk15

Yeah, but apparently the Angels want more than just Skaggs which is crazy to me but OK.

For someone with a sub .300 OBP?

Sounds silly to me. I don't care how many HR's he hits ... he doesn't hit for average and he doesn't get on base. Baseball player overvalued by the Angels.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Oh, and Choo talks are at "critical point" with Rangers and one other team involved. He'll probably get signed tonight.

6:30 pm: There’s some skepticism the Mets will find a taker for Murphy (Martino).

5:10 pm: In a one-for-one deal for Murphy, the Mets can expect a mid-rotation starting pitcher, according to people familiar with the market for second baseman (Cerrone).

One of the best cheap 2B options if Mets actually try to deal him.
Yeah the daily news reported they are willing move him, I can't see any piece the yankees have to give the mets so it would have to be a three team deal were the mets land a SS, yanks get murphy and yanks give up there catching prospect murphy and a pitcher or 2.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Besides the shake up at manager the Reds are having such a boring offseason. Is it spring yet?

Yeah the daily news reported they are willing move him, I can't see any piece the yankees have to give the mets so it would have to be a three team deal were the mets land a SS, yanks get murphy and yanks give up there catching prospect murphy and a pitcher or 2.
Whoops I forgot Infante. Yankees should just go at him hard, sure it's more expensive but do the Yanks care?

Macattk15

God damnit.

We're gonna end up with Nelson fucking Cruz.

I know we need some RH bats ... but I'd much rather have Choo.

SWOOP IN AND OVERPAY JACK!

I'd be fine signing Mike Morse STRICTLY for DH ... but him being Mr. Glass upsets me.

lol

Hard to be excited for the epitome of mediocrity. I feel like this deal was made before we realized nobody wants BP.

The Braves were willing to take Phillips in exchange for Dan Uggla. For all the problems Uggla has, he could still probably hit 35 bombs in that little league park.

thefro

http://www.gammonsdaily.com/peter-g...-seek-true-world-championship-versus-red-sox/

Peter Gammons interviewed the Rakuten owner and he doesn't intend to post Tanaka

Mikitani is the one Japanese owner who strongly opposed the new agreement, and Wednesday suggested in an interview that he would not post Tanaka, who isn’t a free agent for two more years. “It’s a terrible deal for a Japanese owner,” says one MLB executive. “I don’t blame Mikitani.”

It just so happens that the 25-year old Tanaka is in the sites of the Yankees, Dodgers and other MLB teams interested in signing him. Because he will not be a free agent until after the 2015 season, he must be posted by Rakuten, and Mikitani Wednesday said, “I don’t intend to post him.”

Flunkie

Banned
Halladay's retiring just seems... sudden (even though he's been having issues for awhile)... and wrong. Poor guy.

Dbacks fans must be drooling at the prospect of having Trumbo and Au Shizz both in Chase Field.

Top Bottom