• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sounds like sour fucking grapes.

Safeco was neutral last season. Mariners were 6th in all of baseball in the amount of HRs hit at home.

Apparently his video he put together of himself resuming baseball activities was impressive.

It's not really sour grapes.

The Mariners were a fucking terrible team last year. The last thing they need after signing Cano is value, they need maximum production to make up for the deficits on the roster. Slotting Corey Hart behind Cano is not going to pan out well for them. One year of neutral park factor doesn't mean much.

I'm sure lots of people will say this was a great signing for them but yeah they were just better off spending money on Nelson Cruz or getting a similarly proven part for their team. There are a ton of question marks with Corey Hart.

edit: And now Logan Morrison. Yeesh. At least Jack Z will go out with a bang, Bill Bavasi style.

BFIB

Godamn, Mariners all over the place at the winter meetings. How can any GM get their levels in Candy Crush complete when Jack Z is all up in their business?

Macattk15

It's not really sour grapes.

The Mariners were a fucking terrible team last year. The last thing they need after signing Cano is value, they need maximum production to make up for the deficits on the roster. Slotting Corey Hart behind Cano is not going to pan out well for them. One year of neutral park factor doesn't mean much.

I'm sure lots of people will say this was a great signing for them but yeah they were just better off spending money on Nelson Cruz or getting a similarly proven part for their team. There are a ton of question marks with Corey Hart.

edit: And now Logan Morrison. Yeesh. At least Jack Z will go out with a bang, Bill Bavasi style.

Nelson Cruz fucking sucks so no ... we don't and never wanted him. He's a product of the Rangers stadium ... they can keep him.

And Carter Capps for LoMo? Whatever. Carter Capps has potential but looked broken as fuck last season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What is Seattle doing?

Slotting in spots for Hart and Morrison doesn't give them much places left to actually upgrade their roster, and they ensure they come as close to possible as having OF defense as bad as Raul Ibanez next season.

These aren't even upgrades on paper. It's not even close to being Blue Jays-esque.

BFIB

What is Seattle doing?

Slotting in spots for Hart and Morrison doesn't give them much places left to actually upgrade their roster, and they ensure they come as close to possible as having OF defense as bad as Raul Ibanez next season.

These aren't even upgrades on paper. It's not even close to being Blue Jays-esque.

Someone forgot to tell Jack Z that in order to try and attempt what the Red Sox did last year, you already have to have somewhat of a core in place.

Branduil

What is Seattle doing?

If they sign Nelson Cruz to play RF, it won't even be close.

Malvingt2

Jon Morosi‏@jonmorosi
Scott Boras on Choo decision: "We're certainly moving closer." Said he has received offers and is discussing options with his wife.

Macattk15

I don't even care if Logan Morrison sucks it up. We gave up Carter Capps ...

Stephen Pryor (hopefully he is healthy now), Carson Smith, Dominic Leone ... all could easily take his place.

We haven't even traded Nick Franklin/Ackley yet.

BFIB

Jon Morosi‏@jonmorosi
Scott Boras on Choo decision: "We're certainly moving closer." Said he has received offers and is discussing options with his wife.

He can't be close. We haven't even had the mystery team involvement stage yet.

Flunkie

Banned

A. giving up Capps (edit about what you said above, I know very little about your BP depth, only your offensive prospects really) B. Mariners take ALL the players*

x-all-the-things-template.png

Malvingt2

Ken Rosenthal‏@Ken_Rosenthal
#Braves still exploring wide range of options for starting pitcher. Want to add one to fill Hudson's spot.

Oh My Braves, taking too long.

BFIB

Its eerily quiet so far. Usually by now there's one or two trades that are real eye openers.

Braves, Giants, Reds, Red Sox, Yankees are being way too quiet.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I wouldn't count on the Braves doing anything interesting. They are big time prospect huggers and have no money or major needs.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Its eerily quiet so far. Usually by now there's one or two trades that are real eye openers.

Braves, Giants, Reds, Red Sox, Yankees are being way too quiet.

I'm pretty sure the last day of winter meetings is tomorrow. Reds have made some pretty solid moves in years past at the winter meetings. We'll see.

Paches

I don't even care if Logan Morrison sucks it up. We gave up Carter Capps ...

Stephen Pryor (hopefully he is healthy now), Carson Smith, Dominic Leone ... all could easily take his place.

We haven't even traded Nick Franklin/Ackley yet.

Yep. I am big on Hart and fine with the LoMo trade. Capps is reliever who we aren't sure if he is even good or not. I like today's action.

Syrinx

Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: #Mets, Colon in agreement on two-year, $20M deal, pending physical.

Two years? Ehhhhhhhh....

I guess not a bad pickup for the short-term. Had a very good year in Oakland last year.

Next years starting pitchers look like:

Wheeler
Niese
Colon
Gee
Mejia

if I'm not mistaken. Pretty good starting five. Need to fill the holes in the lineup though.

Top Bottom