• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Ah

Yeah maybe

Good thing he an awesome QB

Yeah true. I think people get caught up in guys getting drafted in baseball. A lot of the top athletes get drafted out of high school but it doesn't necessarily mean they were prospects. I think Kaepernick was drafted as a pitcher too, or at least highly recruited.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah true. I think people get caught up in guys getting drafted in baseball. A lot of the top athletes get drafted out of high school but it doesn't necessarily mean they were prospects. I think Kaepernick was drafted as a pitcher too, or at least highly recruited.

Well Russ wasn't dedicated to baseball like that...

Would like to see more top athletes picking baseball up

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
we already got prince fielder

sports-prince-fielderx4e3w.gif

Talon

Well Russ wasn't dedicated to baseball like that...

Would like to see more top athletes picking baseball up
What? Yes he was. That was the whole reason that TOB let him loose from NC State. They let Russ play baseball + football for 3 years, then TOB said "enough's enough, pick one."

Enron

Banned
Had a conversation with a young co-worker today about terrible fielding shortstops.

"Was Jose Offerman really that bad?"

hahahahahahaha

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Everybody's out here getting paid.

Edit: oh damnit, Infante is about to sign with the Royals. Blue Jays, you are my only hope.

aFIGurANT

Not sure if four years is ideal for a Royals fan, but you can't disagree that their lineup looks pretty darn good right now with Aoki and Infante in the mix. Picking up a starter is all they need to do to be as competitive as they were last year imo...and the importance of acting while you still have Shields can't be understated.

BFIB

Royals have improved for sure. Aoki was a good pickup, Infante is a solid choice.

I think they may come out of the woodwork on a blockbuster trade.

JDHarbs

I'm really liking our lineup right now. I just hope these Butler trade rumors aren't true. We would be filling one hole just to create another.

Macattk15

When the fuck does Tanaka have to be posted by if he is to be posted?

His situation needs to hurry the fuck up so the M's can go after a pitcher.

Loco4Coco

Check out the Rays spending money on FA, also it looks more and more that Ike Davis might be traded to Milwaukee. I feel it won't be 1 for 1, Mets might throw in a pitcher to get a better return.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
When the fuck does Tanaka have to be posted by if he is to be posted?

His situation needs to hurry the fuck up so the M's can go after a pitcher.

The owner already said he don't want to post him

CygnusXS

In 63 plate appearances in August, Dan Uggla did not hit a single line drive. Every ball he put in play was a ground ball or a fly ball. I feel like this should be statistically impossible.

Over his last four games for Los Bravos de Margarita, Wilmer Flores is 7-for-13 with three doubles, two RBI and only one strikeout.

Overall this winter, Flores is hitting .391 with six RBI and only four strikeouts in 46 at-bats in 13 games, and is 9-for-19 with runners in scoring position.
dmncby Flores making his push man. Most interesting is he's played mostly 2nd base in winterball.
I'm still trying to find exactly why he was banned. It looks like someone from Google made a call.

CygnusXS

The Braves are apparently close to signing Gavin Floyd. Not a bad depth move if he's signed to a minor league deal. He's expected to be back from his TJ surgery by about May.

Also, Uribe re-signed with the Dodgers for two years.

jakncoke

Banned
So Pirates signed Edison Volquez? Good luck with that jnc

Why aren't the Reds doing anything. Guess we don't really HAVE to. Just need to shackle Billy Hamilton to the batting cage for a month or two then make him pitch a tent in center field until spring training. I'm nervous about him.

Yeah gave him a 1 yr 5. So assuming Taillon doesnt come up soon. The rotation will be Liriano/Wandy/Cole/Morton and Volquez/Locke for #5

Top Bottom