• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Zep

Banned
If a big part is his family being able to settle in, LA's asian population dwarfs anywhere else in the country. Add to the fact that they'll match anything the Yankees throw at him and being on a very good club...His choice should be easy.

If a big part is his family being able to settle in, LA's asian population dwarfs anywhere else in the country. Add to the fact that they'll match anything the Yankees throw at him and being on a very good club...His choice should be easy.

He's Japanese not Korean.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Can't wait for Lara Logan's Arod report.

HOUSTON ASTROS PLAYER ALEX RAMIREZ RECEIVED A FULL SEASON 65 GAME SUSPENSION FOR USING CRACK COCAINE TO SCORE MORE TOUCHDOWNS

Friggz

depends how much the yankees value him. if the yankees do want him, not even the dodgers can out bid them.

I do wonder however if the yankees throttle back on the contract and go hard after kershaw next winter.

Zep

Banned
depends how much the yankees value him. if the yankees do want him, not even the dodgers can out bid them.

I do wonder however if the yankees throttle back on the contract and go hard after kershaw next winter.

Those days ended as soon as McCourt's ass hit the door. Along with their TV contract, LA's ownership can match anything the Yankees throw at a free agent.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
I think Anthony Bosch is lying in his 60 minutes interview. He keeps looking down and to the right when responding to questions. That's what you do when you're making something up. If you're remembering something you look down and to the left for auditory, up and to the left for visual memories.

thefro

I think Anthony Bosch is lying in his 60 minutes interview. He keeps looking down and to the right when responding to questions. That's what you do when you're making something up. If you're remembering something you look down and to the left for auditory, up and to the left for visual memories.

Seriously, he did look pretty shady in that clip they showed, like he was leaving some important facts out.

Technically, according to sources, Rodriguez is allowed to train at the club's facility during spring training because his discipline for violating the Joint Drug Agreement covers the regular season and the postseason, not the preseason.

Since Rodriguez is not on the Yankees' 40-man roster because of the suspension, one official said that would give the Yankees the right to send him to workouts with minor leaguers instead of Derek Jeter, Mark Teixeira and the rest of his big-league contemporaries.

One official said the Yankees could go as far as to have Rodriguez on the minor league side but instruct their coaches to basically ignore him -- to not hit him grounders or throw him batting practice.
Dying of laughter at the bolded.

newjeruse

MLBPA getting it in:
It is unfortunate that Major League Baseball apparently lacks faith in the integrity and finality of the arbitrator's decision and our Joint Drug Agreement, such that it could not resist the temptation to publicly pile-on against Alex Rodriguez. It is equally troubling that the MLB-appointed Panel Arbitrator will himself be appearing in the "60 Minutes" segment, and that Tony Bosch, MLB's principal witness, is appearing on the program with MLB's blessing.

MLB’s post-decision rush to the media is inconsistent with our collectively-bargained arbitration process, in general, as well as the confidentiality and credibility of the Joint Drug Agreement, in particular. After learning of tonight's "60 Minutes" segment, Players have expressed anger over, among other things, MLB's inability to let the result of yesterday's decision speak for itself. As a result, the Players Association is considering all legal options available to remedy any breaches committed by MLB.

Throughout this process the Players Association has repeatedly shown it is committed to an effective drug program that is strong and fair. And as we indicated in our statement yesterday, although we do not agree with the arbitrator’s decision, we respect the process and will act accordingly. We believe the other involved parties should do the same.

Zep

Banned
Make him sit on the back of the bus. Use the fire hose on him instead of the showers. Serve him water instead of Gatorade.
QKeNm65.png

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Can someone explain why Bosch is admitting to federal crimes on National tv?

I don't get it. Something about this stinks to high heaven.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Its hard not to side with arod after seeing how this entire thing played out. Selig makes it very hard to be a fan.
This is probably not an easy thing for Yankees fans to do, considering the context, but ignoring the whole thing like I try to do makes it easier.

Its hard not to side with arod after seeing how this entire thing played out. Selig makes it very hard to be a fan.

Selig is a scumbag. If he had just handed A-Rod a 50 game suspension like everyone else, A-Rod would have been the ultimate villian and he could have avoided this whole shit show.

Friggz

This is probably not an easy thing for Yankees fans to do, considering the context, but ignoring the whole thing like I try to do makes it easier.

im a die hard yankee fan in every sense of the word. ive never understood the whole "true yankee" thing. there is no reason for yankee fans to not side with arod, becuase as ive said, they are a better team with him on the field.

eznark

Banned
Can someone explain why Bosch is admitting to federal crimes on National tv?

I don't get it. Something about this stinks to high heaven.

MLB got him the one thing arod couldn't, a reduced sentence. He's a bought and paid for MLB employee contingent on him parroting whatever he is told.

JABEE

This story makes MLB look bad. Not only are MLB's testing processes a joke, but they are also buying witnesses and evidence.

Selig's legacy is PEDs. This story seems to point to his testing policy being insignificant.

knicks

60 Minutes was beyond what I thought it would be.

Alex Rodriguez is literally a mobster. What a piece of fucking shit. The original suspension is light to be honest. He should be banned. Who wants a guy like this in your league? By far worse than Pete Rose.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Alex Rodriguez is literally a mobster. What a piece of fucking shit. The original suspension is light to be honest. He should be banned. Who wants a guy like this in your league? By far worse than Pete Rose.

Did we watch the same piece?

MLB came across as the most corrupt sports organization outside of FIFA. That piece was fucking disgusting and was nothing more than a fluff piece.

People are so easily brainwashed. Bud Selig is a thousand times worse for the sport than any one player or any PED. Read up on the shit he tried to pull to get the Twins contracted. He's a scumbag.

PBY

Banned
Piece was great, seeing some texts were more than I thought we'd get.

I bet Arod has shady people around him, and he dun goofed- but the MLB doesn't come off good at all either.

Enron

Banned
Did we watch the same piece?

MLB came across as the most corrupt sports organization outside of FIFA. That piece was fucking disgusting and was nothing more than a fluff piece.

MLB comes across looking very bad, but I totally believe all the shit about Alex Rodriguez too.

eznark

Banned
Piece was great, seeing some texts were more than I thought we'd get.

I bet Arod has shady people around him, and he dun goofed- but the MLB doesn't come off good at all either.

How come 60 minutes was able to get all the incriinating ARod text but not the supposed death threat text?

Posturing bullshit. They hung him out to dry and won't do a fucking thing about it. They lost the steroid fight, MLB now has full free reign to suspend as they see fit.

yep. it's horse shit.

fucking union is a POS, I don't believe this Bosch jackass at all.

He needs to take this further.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
How come 60 Minutes didn't ask him any questions about the clinic he was running which included him giving drugs illegally to minors and about how hes not really a doctor at all?

Anybody who believes Bosch on his supposed motivation to come clean is crazy.

I'm not going to defend A-Rod but the length of the suspension is bullshit and the way MLB got their evidence to justify their witch hunt was more disgusting than the crime itself. Their willingness to support a criminal both legally and financially who should be in jail right now is way more disgusting than what A-Rod did.

Zep

Banned
Unless certain details are being held back, there are too many holes for this NOT to go to federal court.

Then again, this is Florida we're talking about.

JABEE

I'm just enjoying the war of words and rhetoric.

A-Rod lawyer Taopina: Tonight’s further expansion of Bud Selig and Rob Manfred’s quest to destroy Alex Rodriguez goes beyond comprehension. Tonight MLB violated every underpinning of its Basic Agreement and Joint Drug Agreement with the Player Association.''

A-Rod attorney Tacopina on players union: "clearly does not have the fortitude to act to stop these abuses.''

The Knockout Punch

Tacopina on Manfred: "I am sure Selig and Manfred believe this traveling circus serves Manfred's hopes of being the next Commissioner; Tacopina calls Selig "the commissioner that turned a blind eye to steroids for over 20 years while personally profiting....

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/422584453290946560

Top Bottom