• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

pestul

What did he say?
I'm assuming he's talking about Zauns' picking on Estrada for that one at bat. He basically accused Estrada and Martin of losing the game for the Jays due to the pitch selection to Lindor (back-to-back change ups). Meanwhile, in the post-game interview, when asked it didn't even seem like Lindor was waiting on the change up. It was one bad pitch, but Zaun has to realize that you can't win a fucking game with no runs. Estrada was great.

It also didn't help that Jamie soft-balled Zaun's setup for that. He had already talked about it earlier in the game, you'd think he would have something more insightful to say other than repeating the same stupid rip of Estrada.

Eh, that's really the raison d'être of the quote unquote sports analyst. Throw a hot take to stoke interest (visits, page views, TV and radio ratings, ad clicks etc).

As for moving Martin down, he's currently hitting .050 in the postseason. He absolutely cannot stay where he is in the line-up.

pestul

Quite a lopsided pitching match up today, so the Jays better take this one. The playoffs always show that these facts rarely amount to anything though..

Only way Toronto wins this series is if JDon and Edwin put the entire team on their backs.

Martin, Pillar and Joey all look lost.

Seen Donaldson do it before, so it can certainly happen, but the Jays have to get out big and early. Trying to come back against the CLE bullpen is not a winning play for them.

Last night's game was disappointing. The Jays had so many chances with runners on, but couldn't capitalize because of Kluber. Then, Estrada -- who was great too -- makes one mistake and it's over.

I guess that's postseason baseball, though, and the Indians deserve credit.

We need to win today, though! C'mon, Jays!!!!!

I wore my Blue Jays shirt yesterday, and had it on while I ran errands. I wore it for most of the game, but took it off and changed into clothes I didn't care about to just lounge around. Then Cleveland scored...

pestul

I wore my Blue Jays shirt yesterday, and had it on while I ran errands. I wore it for most of the game, but took it off and changed into clothes I didn't care about to just lounge around. Then Cleveland scored...
I have a dumb jersey superstition too. And after last night, I'm not wearing it the rest of the playoffs lol.

How, exactly? Someone can be injured by that.

That doesn't mean you should be out. The problem is you equate the slipping of the bat as an amateur move, when it happens quite a few times. Just because you're an MLB player, doesn't mean you're immune to grip issues, your argument completely falls apart with that assumption.

Choomp

Banned
Once again, how did Laz Diaz get that game last night? Everyone knows he has a terrible zone. The strike 3 call on Upton was pretty abysmal. Not saying it effected the outcome of the game but it got pretty bad

pestul

Once again, how did Laz Diaz get that game last night? Everyone knows he has a terrible zone. The strike 3 call on Upton was pretty abysmal. Not saying it effected the outcome of the game but it got pretty bad
My mother is all in conspiracy mode today about the umps again because of his abysmal performance. It's always a losing battle trying to convince my mother that they're equally bad for both sides.. :/

Then again, she's a Canadian Trump supporter as well.

Montresor

Cause he was out....

The replay clearly showed the 1st base man didn't keep his foot on the bag. He wasn't out.

Edit: Ah you know what, my casual side may be showing.

The 1bman didn't have to keep his foot on the bag the whole time. All that matters is that the moment the 1bman caught the ball, his foot was on the bag at the time, right? So it doesn't matter if he eventually lifted his foot off.

Just a few more games of Saunders.

The replay clearly showed the 1st base man didn't keep his foot on the bag. He wasn't out.

The replay clearly showed he was barely on the bag. His cleats dragged on the corner of the bag.

Yeah, as long as it's touching at any moment with the ball in hand he's out.

cashman

Banned

Edit: Ah you know what, my casual side may be showing.

The 1bman didn't have to keep his foot on the bag the whole time. All that matters is that the moment the 1bman caught the ball, his foot was on the bag at the time, right? So it doesn't matter if he eventually lifted his foot off.
Jays fans man

Regardless of how this all turns out, I expect significant coaching changes for the Jays next year. I reckon it's most likely that at least Jacoby is out. The Jays batters have been making opposing pitchers look like Cy Young winners all season long.

Taking nothing away from the Clevelands, your pitching staff is aces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom