• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol from Trevor Bauer's twitter:

lVkKxwJ.jpg

zulux21

They have their ace going tomorrow so they will just ride him.
i'm expecting him to get lit up. The tribe has been blessed with great pitching from at best average pitchers.

it would only be fitting that the weak link for the sweep is the well above average pitcher

hoserx

i'm expecting him to get lit up. The tribe has been blessed with great pitching from at best average pitchers.

it would only be fitting that the weak link for the sweep is the well above average pitcher

It's baseball so anything is possible....but Kluber knows how important winning the seires now and getting a bit of rest would be. I think he'll go 7 strong innings today. He's a bad man.

The Tribe has played hard, played the right way, and its obvious they just want it more.

They play with heart and passion, and are clutch in big situations because of their incredible chemistry.

Gritty, hard nosed baseball. Fire and passion. And grit. And intangibles.

And circumstances.

Something is going on!

BFIB

The Tribe has played hard, played the right way, and its obvious they just want it more.

They play with heart and passion, and are clutch in big situations because of their incredible chemistry.

Gritty, hard nosed baseball. Fire and passion. And grit. And intangibles.

And circumstances.

Something is going on!

They are playing the Cardinal Way better than the Cardinals.

I'm trying, but the Blue Jays aren't playing with much intensity and they can't hit a beach ball right now.

To win this series, they'd need to win four straight games.

They did just win six in a row. This series is so close that it really could have gone either way in at least two of the three games played so far. I don't think the Jays have been outplayed or want it any less than Cleveland does. The first two games were won by a one run difference. Tough breaks and great pitching led to those outcomes.

Jays need some sort of igniting moment otherwise this is over easily. Been so frustrating to watch. Clevelands pitching has been remarkable

Caja 117

didn't NYY blow a 3-0 lead? Or was it 3-1?.

It was one Inning away from the sweep, with Mariano Rivera blowing up the save (Dave Roberts scoring that run), That comeback was so extraordinary, is just hard to imagine it could happen again given the 2004 ALCS particular circumstances

They did just win six in a row. This series is so close that it really could have gone either way in at least two of the three games played so far. I don't think the Jays have been outplayed or want it any less than Cleveland does. The first two games were won by a one run difference. Tough breaks and great pitching led to those outcomes.

Yup.

I think it's worth remembering that even last year, it was noted that the Jays had a line-up that straddled the precipice of failure due to its composition. Feast or famine.

And before the inevitable hate gets thrown at Atkins about the line-up, there's basically nothing he could have done this year. 2017 though...

If AA hadn't gutted their farm system for the last two years I'd have a lot more confidence in the Jays going forward.

As it stands though I think they need to completely abandon the DINGERS team comp and focus around building a good pitching staff to bulwark against a lesser line-up.

cashman

Banned
If AA hadn't gutted their farm system for the last two years I'd have a lot more confidence in the Jays going forward.

As it stands though I think they need to completely abandon the DINGERS team comp and focus around building a good pitching staff to bulwark against a lesser line-up.

They return all their starters and keep everybody except for Liriano and Estrada through 18 too. Their staff will be one of the best although Sanchez will probably regress given his inning load this year.

I don't have a lot of faith in the team for some years to come. This is/was our last chance. Next year will be quite different, given that Jose will be gone, Edwin may be, etc. Upton, who's awful, may well be on of our starters, same with terribly streaky Saunders.

Last year was fun, and so was part of this year. However, we're left with a barren cupboard and a team that may need to rebuild around its starters.

They need to be more complete.

I don't have a lot of faith in the team for some years to come. This is/was our last chance.

Chewbs.

These are the upcoming Blue Jays free agents:

• Darwin Barney
  • Brett Cecil
  • Joaquin Benoit
  • Jose Bautista
  • RA Dickey
  • Edwin Encarnacion
  • Scott Feldman
  • Dioner Navarro
  • Michael Saunders
  • Josh Thole
Of that list, the only guy who strikes me as irreplaceable is Edwin.

edit: Oh, and Gavin Floyd.

Friggz

Chewbs.

These are the upcoming Blue Jays free agents:

• Darwin Barney
  • Brett Cecil
  • Joaquin Benoit
  • Jose Bautista
  • RA Dickey
  • Edwin Encarnacion
  • Scott Feldman
  • Dioner Navarro
  • Michael Saunders
  • Josh Thole
Of that list, the only guy who strikes me as irreplaceable is Edwin.

edit: Oh, and Gavin Floyd.

i know bautista wasnt healthy this year, but hes still good for 20+ homers and about 100 walks. thats not something you find everywhere.

BFIB

Can't be upset over AA emptying the farm. You can question the trades made, but the Blue Jays felt they had what it takes to win a WS. The window is closing, but there's still a few years yet.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Jays need some sort of igniting moment otherwise this is over easily. Been so frustrating to watch. Clevelands pitching has been remarkable

Nothing would bring them together and stoke the flame quite like Bautista getting punched in the head again.

people always try to force narratives onto the crapshoot mlb playoffs. the jays bats are just slumping at an unfortunate time. that's it. there's no way to predict it and no real meaning to take away from it.

3N16MA

Banned

At least he gave you Thor.

wbsmcs

If the Jays get by Kluber today, and that's a big if, I see this going to Game 7.

I mean, we were optimistic about them winning the Royals series when they were down 2-1. And then Dickey started pitching....and....they were down 4-0 before they even had a chance to bat. Surely our chances aren't worse...right?!

Good chance Kluber blanks them today, but if he doesn't, I don't see the Indians closing out with Ryan Merritt or Josh Tomlin. Ask the Rangers how hard it was to close out with Martin Perez and Derek Holland.

Biggest thing going for the Jays today would be Miller unable to pitch
I FUCKING HOPE

jman2050

If the Jays get by Kluber today, and that's a big if, I see this going to Game 7.

I mean, we were optimistic about them winning the Royals series when they were down 2-1. And then Dickey started pitching....and....they were down 4-0 before they even had a chance to bat. Surely our chances aren't worse...right?!

Good chance Kluber blanks them today, but if he doesn't, I don't see the Indians closing out with Ryan Merritt or Josh Tomlin. Ask the Rangers how hard it was to close out with Martin Perez and Derek Holland.

I FUCKING HOPE

That's funny you think Francona wouldn't use Miller again if it meant clinching the series.

Actually, assuming the Indians win and both Kluber and Miller both pitch and are good, which of them would you give MVP to?

3N16MA

Banned

I FUCKING HOPE

They were just beaten by Tomlin and a pen that pitched 8.1 innings.

wbsmcs

That's funny you think Francona wouldn't use Miller again if it meant clinching the series.

Actually, assuming the Indians win and both Kluber and Miller both pitch and are good, which of them would you give MVP to?

If Miller pitches multiple innings for the 4th time in 5 days...that would really be something special and would probably give it to him.

Miller's usage will be interesting though. If the Jays are up 2-1 in the 7th-8th, or even tied 1-1, and Kluber gives up 2 base hits, are you bringing Miller in? I'm genuinely asking...I'm thinking they may almost "concede" and save Miller for games 5,6,7 where they will be in a more likely spot to win/secure a lead. If they have the lead though, then Miller will probably be coming out, no questions.

They were just beaten by Tomlin and a pen that pitched 8.1 innings.

I may be a little optimistic in thinking that they'll get 3-4 runs off Tomlin early and holding it down the rest of the way. Basically, it's not like its Kluber, Salazar, Carrasco the next 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom