• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNino

i know bautista wasnt healthy this year, but hes still good for 20+ homers and about 100 walks. thats not something you find everywhere.
But you would also get his shitty "me against the world" attitude that pisses off the umps and apposing team. And he'd cost $20+ million a season... I don't want Rogers to jack up the ticket prices even higher.
They will anyways

But you would also get his shitty "me against the world" attitude that pisses off the umps and apposing team. And he'd cost $20+ million a season... I don't want Rogers to jack up the ticket prices even higher.
They will anyways

Alongside fans and probably some of the people in management as well.

FWIW, his skill set is diminishing rapidly into a DH type player. He's north of 30. And considering we already have EE who also is up this year and is proving that he wants to stay here, it's pretty obvious who I would choose if I was Shapiro.

ElNino

FWIW, his skill set is diminishing rapidly into a DH type player. He's north of 30. And considering we already have EE who also is up this year and is proving that he wants to stay here, it's pretty obvious who I would choose if I was Shapiro.
I'm sure some would think that, but he's the guy saying it publicly anytime a reporter puts a microphone in his face and wants to be paid more than anyone on the team.

As you said, his skills are diminishing, and I think he will be lucky to be a 30 HR/year playing again as I don't think he can stay healthy anymore. If someone else wants to give him $250M over 5 years, be my guest but I'd much rather sign Edwin and then spend the money elsewhere.

wbsmcs

I have faith in Shapiro. Hopefully the ignorant fans realize that he had a big part in building that team in Cleveland. Not only that, but he was able to go from a 90 win team during 2005-2007, to a basement team, back to a 90 win team in only about 4 years.

The day Kevin Pillar is no longer a Jay I will throw a party. Everyone is invited.
I like Pillar. He's fine. Great defence makes up for his offence, which isn't that bad. He's a guy I want on my team.

Martin is even struggling on defence when it comes to throwing runners out.

vilmer_

Jesus christ, almost missed that Donaldson at bat considering they were interviewing the Indians player the ENTIRE FUCKING INNING.

Montresor

I know the Jays are in tough, but earlier today on sports radio (Fan 590) one of the broadcasters was saying something like "Just go out and win one. Just. Win. One".

It got me so hyped up. Just win one Jays.

3N16MA

Banned
I may be a little optimistic in thinking that they'll get 3-4 runs off Tomlin early and holding it down the rest of the way. Basically, it's not like its Kluber, Salazar, Carrasco the next 3 games.

As a Yankees fan I know anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom