• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montresor

I love whenever Osuna does the "cross my heart and point at the sky" thing. And when's it a big win like this it's just awesome to see Osuna react like that.

Yeah the throwing of shit and booing of injuries was so many hours ago.

One can was thrown, and he was fired from his job, and he's facing charges, I guess that lumps us into that category? The fans were booing a mound visit, and cheered him as he walked to the dugout, which Bauer himself talked about.

But yeah jump to conclusions man.

Blue-Jays-Fan-who-tossed-beer-can-at-Baltimore-Orioles-Hyun-Soo-Kim-steps-forward.jpg

Choomp

Banned
I'd boo any pitcher who had to leave the game because he cut his finger playing with a drone IN THE MIDDLE OF THE POSTSEASON

Kinda weird how people were more mad at Cespedes playing golf which probably didn't effect his injury than they are at this. Guess it was just Met fans looking for the next thing to be mad at as usual

Slime

Banned
I was bracing for a sweep. I'm honestly surprised. Offense was solid and pitching remains strong.

They're still in a hole, but the one upside is that Cleveland isn't exactly crushing them offensively. It's still pretty hopeless, but if the offense actually shows up and the pitching just keeps doing what it's been doing, the Jays might at least be able to put up a fight.

Montresor

I think it's so incredibly silly that Game 5 is played in Toronto. Games 1, 2, 5, and 7 should always be played in the city where the team has the better record / home field advantage.

Maybe it doesn't happen a lot in baseball, but how often does the lower seed beat a team in 5 games? They would end up have 3 home games and more revenue than the better team... that seems absurd.

wbsmcs

Wow, this was the first time since the 2004 Red Sox that a team down 3-0 actually won a game. All 9 instances since then have ended in a sweep.

I think it's so incredibly silly that Game 5 is played in Toronto. Games 1, 2, 5, and 7 should always be played in the city where the team has the better record / home field advantage.

Maybe it doesn't happen a lot in baseball, but how often does the lower seed beat a team in 5 games? They would end up have 3 home games and more revenue than the better team... that seems absurd.

Baseball is the only major NA sport where they play on back to back to back days. There would be too much travel between games 5-7 to do what NBA and NHL does. An ace would theoretically be able to start 4 games in a series I would think with that many travel days?

Edit: 4 starts would be impossible, but 3 would be much more common.

This has always boggled my mind as well. I guess it's because there's less travelling involved. Otherwise yeah if any lower-seeded team splits the first 2 games at 1-1, and they're fantastic at home, they can easily win the series before the higher-seed even has a chance to get back home.

wbsmcs

Purely anecdotal and I'm probably completely off, but I feel like rookie pitchers have owned the Jays this year. Chad Green's 11k start against them scarred my mind.

wbsmcs

So Jays-GAF

More confidence in the team now, or last year down 3-1?

I got more confidence in reaching a game 7, and from that point it's a 50/50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom