• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope rules all!

latest

krae_man

My legs are shaking

LOL some guy has a sign that says "Rogers I will switch to Bell if you don't sign Edwin"

"I'm paying rogers a $800/month for my phone internet and cable and I'll start paying bell $800/month for my phone, internet and cable unless you sign a player who may decide to sign somewhere else no matter how much money you offer him"

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The Cards may not be in the playoffs, but Matheny management is in full effect!

Showalter whhhhhhy.

I waited 22 years to see Toronto in the playoffs. Crazy to see them in back to back playoffs now. Just got to hope they can take it all the way again this year.
Fuck making the playoffs..I want to see a championship in Canadian sports in my lifetime.
And fuck the CFL doesn't count
Wipes tears off my face

Sanjuro

The Wild Card playoff is absolutely a disgrace to the game.

Teams what work hard to win their division are robbed of one champagne and Bud Lite celebration.

Then play them at the same time. So I can watch the game I care about. 162 games, get to the playoffs and then placed in weekday afternoon games. It's nonsense.

Turner owns the rights to broadcast the ALDS/CS this year. They aren't putting it up on TNT. The only other place would be MLBN, and they don't want both games at the same time splitting the ratings bid for the primetime slot.

Turner owns the rights to broadcast the ALDS/CS this year. They aren't putting it up on TNT. The only other place would be MLBN, and they don't want both games at the same time splitting the ratings bid for the primetime slot.
I know it's all about the $$$ but I'd say that baseball is a regional sport in rooting interests that having them going on at the same time wouldn't hurt the ratings at all. I think they'd get more than what they'll get with a noon weekday first pitch.

Slacker

not sure if Texans would be able to spell it.

We've got a lot to learn. Maybe some visiting Toronto fans can show us how to throw crap on the field all game. Currently we just eat and drink the concessions we purchase.

I know it's all about the $$$ but I'd say that baseball is a regional sport in rooting interests that having them going on at the same time wouldn't hurt the ratings at all. I think they'd get more than what they'll get with a noon weekday first pitch.

While we're at it give us the local announcers too. Way WAY better (at least for the Rangers) than the TBS guys.

Except for the Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers and Cubs. So if you're unlucky and one of those teams has a slot, you get bumped.

Same reason NFCE teams get Sunday Night every week.

Lexxism

JJ Cooper @jjcoop36
Buck: "He was available"

Jeff Passan ✔ @JeffPassan
Buck Showalter on Zack Britton: "He was fine."

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom