• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Real talk this strike zone stuff is getting pretty bad.

This notion that it's bad for both teams equally isn't really helping the case for accurate umpiring dictating that games are truly won and loss by player skill. Since each pitch potentially called a ball or strike has unique leverage that can be both measured and not measured.

If the pitch was called accurately, runners on 1st and 2nd with one out.

Bad call, the inning is over with the strike out and throw him out.

This can't be happening anymore. In any profession in the world, technology is used to help those involved. Everyone knows the strike zone digitally....except for the umpires.

JambiBum

Barring injury, has an ump ever been removed from a game because of the calls they've made? I'm not saying that is a thing that should happen this game, I'm just genuinely curious about it.

jman2050

then even less reason to complain about it. he should be swinging at those if they are regularly calling those.

What the heck do you think he’s been doing? You think he’s been swinging at the crap they’ve thrown out of the strike zone because he’s not seeing the ball?

Balls thrown well out of the strike zone are kind of hard to hit you know.

Kccitystar

What you talking about? It was a 3 2 count. Judge needs to swing the bat. Did he even take a cut that at bat?

It's a 3-2 count with Gardner on first and Didi on deck.

It's likely that Judge was looking for a pitch to do something with but the strikezone has been horrendous all game so I wouldn't blame him for taking that low breaking ball.

The 1-1 call looked bad because Sanchez set up on the other side of the plate and curve hit the other side. When you reach across the plate to catch something borderline the ump usually won't give you the strike.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
C'mon Yankees, Didi can't do these alone...someone needs to stepup...

zulux21

I can't see the Indians winning if they don't do something during this half inning.

Given what i have seen the indians do for the last two months...

I will continue to see a path of victory for them until they actually have that last out made on them.

I mean chap for two is likely asking for trouble in the 9th.

clemenx

Banned
Kluber will be shat on rightfully so but the series is on the bats.

Chapman has been good again but hopefully the indians have some good abs now against him.

Top Bottom