• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

Khalid-S

Cloud2go%20Oct%2014,%202013,%207%3A19%20AM.jpg

Such an amazing comeback... just when it seemed like they had no chance... wow! I thought it was hopeless there for a while, but they did a very impressive job showing me wrong. :)

But yeah, seriously, it's not good that Detroit brought back Peralta so quickly after being suspended for PEDs... that is not right. The Giants did that better last year when they dropped Melky Cabrera, but the Tigers show how NOT to deal with that situation. It reflects somewhat poorly on them, I think, and that's too bad; I don't dislike the team otherwise (unlike, say, the Cardinals or Dodgers...).

And yes, I know some people will say Ortiz did PEDs too, and who knows, he could have, but the difference is, none of the Red Sox have been actually caught at it (and if Ortiz really had been using PEDs long-term, he'd likely have been caught at some point...). I know a lot of people in baseball -- multiple people on every team, I am sure -- do various PEDs, but still, those who are proven abusers should be punished for it, and 50 games is not nearly enough. A full season ban for a first offense would be much more fair...

And yes, I know some people will say Ortiz did PEDs too, and who knows, he could have, but the difference is, none of the Red Sox have been actually caught at it (and if Ortiz really had been using PEDs long-term, he'd likely have been caught at some point...). I know a lot of people in baseball -- multiple people on every team, I am sure -- do various PEDs, but still, those who are proven abusers should be punished for it, and 50 games is not nearly enough. A full season ban for a first offense would be much more fair...

LMAO. A-Rod has been juicing his balls off since he was 18 and has only ever failed the same test Ortiz did. The tests are a joke.

Such an amazing comeback... just when it seemed like they had no chance... wow! I thought it was hopeless there for a while, but they did a very impressive job showing me wrong. :)

But yeah, seriously, it's not good that Detroit brought back Peralta so quickly after being suspended for PEDs... that is not right. The Giants did that better last year when they dropped Melky Cabrera, but the Tigers show how NOT to deal with that situation. It reflects somewhat poorly on them, I think, and that's too bad; I don't dislike the team otherwise (unlike, say, the Cardinals or Dodgers...).

Everyone on the team likes Peralta. He's one the most liked people on the team.

Wasn't Ortiz's name on the "anonymous" list that got leaked?

LMAO. A-Rod has been juicing his balls off since he was 18 and has only ever failed the same test Ortiz did. The tests are a joke.

Baseball actually TRIES now, at least. Sure they miss a lot of cheaters, and could do more, but they are actually trying to catch people; that's what the whole Biogenesis thing is about, for example. Football, basketball, and hockey aren't doing anything remotely near as much. The NBA's "people don't do PEDs much in our league" excuse is ridiculous, and the NFL just doesn't care, clearly... but MLB does try to catch people. Sure, lots of cheats get through, but that's in part because many of these things are hard to detect, I think. Also, I do expect tests to get even stricter in the future.

As for A-Rod, even if it wasn't a test, the whole Biogenesis thing was him getting caught for doping. Ortiz hasn't been connected to anything at all since '03 except for playing well.

Everyone on the team likes Peralta. He's one the most liked people on the team.
So? What does that have to do with whether he did PEDs or not?

There was an article about this recently, about how Tigers fans cheered Peralta, and A's fans Colon, even though are proven recent cheats, while booing the other one... so yeah, even now, many fans are not exactly even about this.

Wasn't Ortiz's name on the "anonymous" list that got leaked?
Yeah, that was what I was referring to. His name was on that list. The defense is that more names were on that list than there were positive tests (so some are wrong or something maybe) and that it was just legal supplements that caused a positive test (which was apparently possible for the '03 test). Who knows if that was true; I certainly am doubtful. But if he'd kept drugging since MLB enacted their drug policy, given how big of a star he is, I think we'd have heard something since then if he was likely to be doing anything.

Woke up for work, wife asked me about the game last night while I'm in the shower. As I'm retelling it all, I just wanted to crawl into the fetal position and cry.

vikki

Where are all these damn Red Sox fans during the season?

I took some time to make my allegiances known, but I would pop in here every now and then. I'm from NH, so I follow pretty much every Boston team. The MLB OT doesn't seem to have the traffic that the NFL OT has.

Looked like Torii Hunter had blood on the back of his head after flying over the wall on Ortiz's grandslam.

Actually, on second look, maybe it was just dirt? He definitely had his head down on the warning track dirt (on the bullpen side) once he rolled over a bit.

Doogdogg

Looked like Torii Hunter had blood on the back of his head after flying over the wall on Ortiz's grandslam.

Actually, on second look, maybe it was just dirt? He definitely had his head down on the warning track dirt (on the bullpen side) once he rolled over a bit.

Looks like dirt allright.

Dragon

Banned
Yeah, that was what I was referring to. His name was on that list. The defense is that more names were on that list than there were positive tests (so some are wrong or something maybe) and that it was just legal supplements that caused a positive test (which was apparently possible for the '03 test). Who knows if that was true; I certainly am doubtful. But if he'd kept drugging since MLB enacted their drug policy, given how big of a star he is, I think we'd have heard something since then if he was likely to be doing anything.

I think it's pretty dumb to talk about steroids in baseball, especially about a player who just hit a huge home run in the playoffs. It's like suddenly, steroids! But all year when the dude puts up one of the best seasons by a 37 year old ever, crickets.

Hahah someone called from Mass. to our local sports station. Guy was upset that Tigers fans aren't happy that they took one out of Boston, terrible troll.

oatmeal

Banned
I'm on a cruise right now and was luckily able to watch the insane Pats game.

Then the first 2 innings of the Sox game until I had to go to the dinner BS, came back to the room in the top of the 8th disappointed...and got to watch the last two innings.

Insanity.

I was content with just beating the Rays after last year, but now I want the World Series.

Top Bottom