• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

If we don't win today or tomorrow, I think we might not win this series.

Well, yeah. That's how a 7 game series works - you win 4 games and you win the series.

Either way I'll remind you that the Cardinals were up 3-1 in the NLCS last year and ended up losing to the Giants, so don't get too discouraged. Baseball's not over until the last pitch

www.youtube.com/watch?v=orl-bjqTVZQ

TXWdW13.jpg

9yFFPBS.jpg

CyN8R5H.jpg

Man the Tigers had the game in the bag. All that work Scherzer did went out the window. I don't understand why they took him out, it didn't look like he was getting tired or anything. Looking forward to game three in Detroit.

Ouch.

They totally fucking missed him.

Just sit him for next year. Dodgers aren't winning 4 of 5.

Just trot out a lineup of

Crawford
Ellis
Young
Schumaker
Van Slyke
Punto
Uribe
Federowicz
Ryu

20%+ of that lineup is made up of ex-Cardinals anyway. I agree with sitting Hanley but I'm damn bummed to not see him able to play.

turnbuckle

Such an amazing comeback... just when it seemed like they had no chance... wow! I thought it was hopeless there for a while, but they did a very impressive job showing me wrong. :)

But yeah, seriously, it's not good that Detroit brought back Peralta so quickly after being suspended for PEDs... that is not right. The Giants did that better last year when they dropped Melky Cabrera, but the Tigers show how NOT to deal with that situation. It reflects somewhat poorly on them, I think, and that's too bad; I don't dislike the team otherwise (unlike, say, the Cardinals or Dodgers...).

And yes, I know some people will say Ortiz did PEDs too, and who knows, he could have, but the difference is, none of the Red Sox have been actually caught at it (and if Ortiz really had been using PEDs long-term, he'd likely have been caught at some point...). I know a lot of people in baseball -- multiple people on every team, I am sure -- do various PEDs, but still, those who are proven abusers should be punished for it, and 50 games is not nearly enough. A full season ban for a first offense would be much more fair...

This has to be a joke post.

Hell of a game, and as much as that grand slam stung I've always liked David Ortiz, but you're post is total homerism.

I'd bet Miguel Cabrera, Justin Verlander, and nearly everyone on the Tigers not named Don Kelly are juicing. Peralta getting caught just means he was dumb. I'm sure Ortiz and Cabrera are probably seeing the same guy and I don't care one bit.

Opiate

Relating to last night's conversation about broadcasters:

1) Does anyone have enough experience with enough local broadcasts to have preferences?

2) Are there are any great young broadcasters anywhere? Obviously there are old time greats like Vin Scully and Jack Buck (RIP), but I don't know of much young talent coming to take their place.

1) Does anyone have enough experience with enough local broadcasts to have preferences?

2) Are there are any great young broadcasters anywhere? Obviously there are old time greats like Vin Scully and Jack Buck (RIP), but I don't know of much young talent coming to take their place.

I really enjoy Brian Anderson. He makes listening to Rock tolerable. And his postseason work with TBS is a damn sight better than the bums they trotted out for the NLCS this year.

Sanjuro

1) I'm familiar with a good portion of the local broadcasters. It's almost impossible for some people to get all the quirks from each without any sort of attachment or repeated viewing. Most of the major markets are still featured pretty frequently thanks to the internet, MLB.com, and the various recap shows now.

My market is pretty great on both the radio and television end, so I consider myself lucky. Don't consider any of them "greats", however a very balanced broadcast. I can't stand Eckersley though. Some people apparently like his color. Boggles my mind.

2) That era is over. The broadcasts are less about the ability to call the game than it is to streamline the network's agenda. That can still be balanced by someone with enough talent, just seems like the latter is not very important to most networks.

Well, yeah. That's how a 7 game series works - you win 4 games and you win the series.

Either way I'll remind you that the Cardinals were up 3-1 in the NLCS last year and ended up losing to the Giants, so don't get too discouraged. Baseball's not over until the last pitch

That would be the joke, yes. Oh and I'm still baffled as to why people thought Hanley was a bad teammate. The guy is a workhorse who really supports his team.

Gary, Keith and Ron are awesome.

Top Bottom